The Deal

Two weeks later. 

(I am aware that the book didn't go on for more than two weeks but without Val, it would've taken longer as she caught Skulduggery when he was going to fall while they were trying to break into the vault and also helped get him the key and other stuff I'm too lazy to right in)

Stephenie stared out of her window. She was so incredibly bored. She had just returned from her self-defence classes. She started taking self-defence classes as she wanted to be able to defend herself if anything happened to her again.

She decided to go for a walk so she put on her shoes and headed out. She was walking by the pier when she saw a familiar black car but didn't remember where she saw it so she shrugged and walked past it.

She was passing by her aunt Beryl's and uncle Fergus' house when she saw a familiar man walk by. Skulduggery Pleasant.

He saw her, stopped, turned and froze. Stephanie did the same. 

Skulduggery stared at Stephenie. Stephenie stared at Skulduggery.

Skulduggery began walking towards her. She felt a sudden urge to run but she ignored that feeling and strode towards him.

"Stephenie-" started Skulduggery before being interrupted.

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Stephanie, obviously not forgetting that night and wasn't all too happy about being left alone at Gordon's.

"Well... I... was going to...," tried Skulduggery. " Visit your uncle Fergus. Yes. Him and I are pals."

Stephenie's eyes narrowed. " Okay. Listen up. Firstly, I know I may look small and dumb-"

"Just a touch" interrupted Skulduggery.

Stephenie glared before continuing. "I may look dumb but I assure you, that is not the case. Secondly, if you and Gordon were such good friends as you claim you are, then you and Fergus are most definitely not pals. Lastly, I saw the look Fergus gave you at the reading of the will. You two are in no way friends."

Skulduggery was silent before saying "Smartass."

Stephenie smirked, folded her arms and tilted her hips before saying. "Now. Why are you really here?".

"Well, to borrow something from your uncle of course. He has something I need."

"You mean steal, don't you?" said Stephenie, an unimpressed expression on her face.

"Stealing, borrowing, what's the difference?" Skulduggery waved his hands, "Anyway. Now that you're here I need to ask you a favour."

Stephenie raised an eyebrow "What do I get in return?"

Skulduggery hesitated. "My eternal gratitude?"

"Pass." replied Stephenie and was going to walk away before Skulduggery yelled. 'Okay fine! I'll let you join me on one of my missions/cases/adventures! How about that?!"

Stephenie stopped and turned her head and smiled "what do you want me to do?"