"Getting A Job."

WARNING: Language.

You were in a library. Your favorite place in the city, other than the park. You were reading a book on a long table, and you had full focus on it. Until hearing a loud thump. You lowered your book and saw a man covered in books. It seems like lots of books fell on him. You stood up and went over. You picked one up to see his face, he groaned. You stared at him. He had a mug for a head, and a large blue nose and a straight straw with blue lines.

You kneeled down and but the books back to their place. His eyes slowly opened and he grunted, he rubbed the side of his head. "I advice you to be aware if any books fall on you. They really do need to fix their shelves." I said calmly, he stiffened and looked up at me. We stayed there in silence, I sweat dropped. "Is something the matter?" I asked, he shook his head to bring his mind back to reality. "S-Sorry! I wasnt--" He stopped when I held my hand out to him, "No need to be sorry." I smiled sweetly at him, he placed his hand on mine and stood up.

He stared at me as I placed one last book to its place. "... What's your name?" He asked, "(Y/N). It's nice to meet you." I looked at him, "I'm Mugman." He smiled, I noticed the top of his head was bubbling with purple liquid. And hearts floating over his head. I pointed at his head, "Does sit always to that?" He blushed, "U-Uh, I just haven't seen you around before!" Mugman quickly changed the topic. I stared at him.

"We're... neighbors." I said, his eyes widen. "Really? How come I haven't met you yet?" He asked, I shrugged. "I don't usually come out. I just go out when I want to go here or just take a casual stroll." I explained. His eyes were filled with excitement, "Maybe we can hang out sometime!" He said, quickly slapping his mouth shut realizing what he just said. I giggled, "Sure." I looked at my watch, "Oh! It's time for me to go! Bye, Mugman. I hope we see each other again!" I walked away.

He stared at me and slowly sat down still looking at me. "No... I can't fall in love with her. Thats crazy. I love Cala Maria. Right? Ugh, what is wrong with me?" He murmured until finding a book on the table. "Hm? Did she leave this?"

I went to my apartment and closed the door. I hung my bag and grabbed the newspaper sitting down. I flipped threw the pages looking for something, I suddenly found it.

WANTED: Waitress needed at Devil's Casino.

I circled it with a red marker, and used my telephone to make a call to the place. I used my shoulder to place it to my ear, and heard a deep, smooth voice. "Hello?" I smiled, "Hello, I would like to register a job at a certain Casino?" I said politely, he gasped. "Finally! We really should use extra hands. Here's the location and we'll meet tomorrow." And he hung up. I averted my eyes to the phone, no interview? No nothing? Well, that's weird. I looked outside and saw it was time to go to bed. I changed clothes and hopped into bed, I stared at the ceiling. Until the doorbell rang, who could that be? I jumped out and ran to the door, I opened it to see Mugman holding my book.

"Y-You dropped this?" Mugman stuttered, my eyes widened as I turned around to see my book not in my bag. I looked back at the mug, and smiled. "Thanks. Appreciate it." I closed the door but something stopped it. A foot. I slid it open a bit to see Mugman flushed in red.

"I-i... was wondering, if you would like to go somewhere... sometime?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his head. I looked at the side and back at him, maybe. But I need to find a job.

"... Sure. I'll have some time tomorrow. At maybe 8:35?" I asked, his face lit up. "Perfect." He smiled, I returned the smile and closed my door.

Mugman on the other hand, was standing there with a red face. What... the hell did I just do?