There is Good in Him

"Is Anakin alright?" Padmé asked, struggling for breath. She grew increasingly worried when Obi-Wan told her to save her breath. She could tell he was avoiding the question, letting her know that something terrible had happened to her husband.

She remembered what had happened before she blacked out. She had gone to Mustafar to bring her husband back to the light, but, blinded by the dark side, he had force choked her, thinking she had turned against him.

That didn't matter now. She still loved him just as much as she did before. She couldn't bear the thought of him suffering. She could feel her heart breaking as she remembered what he had done.

She felt herself letting go. She didn't want to live. Not without her husband. She tried to hold on, not wanting her children to die with her. She was relieved when the medical droids decided to operate in the hopes of saving the children. Up until then, she had thought she was carrying one child. She didn't want to leave them alone, but she knew she couldn't go on like this. Obi-Wan held up her first child, a boy she decided to name Luke. Then a daughter, Leia. She saw so much of Anakin in the both of them, but hoped they wouldn't go down the same path as their father.

"There is... good in him", she told Obi-Wan, desperate for him to believe her. "I know... there's... still..." Her dying words were a selfless plea and reflected her undying love for her husband. These words would be proven true by her children. They were the galaxy's last hope.

An Author's Note: Okay, I must admit most of these one shots are depressing. I'm working on some happier ones. I'm just wondering what you guys think of the Rise of Skywalker. I'm going to do a review of it for my Fangirl Rants book. It may be weird but that's just me.