𝑰𝑰. Happy Accident

𝐈𝐈. HAPPY ACCIDENT

 HAPPY ACCIDENT

"Cory. You wanna smell my armpits? I haven't put on deodorant in two days." Shawn grinned, approaching his best friend, his left arm lifted into the air, the long follicles sticking out of the pit of his arm coiled.

Shawn excitedly watched as Cory removed his arm from around Topanga, closing the gap between them and crouching down slightly, his face inching towards the area beneath Shawn's arm, quickly recoiling in disgust, a gag coming up his throat as he backed away. Shawn's grin never faltered and neither did Topanga's disgusted facial expression, and once the smell faded away, Cory laughed and nodded. "That's pretty good, Shawnie." He pointed at him with a grin and slow nod.

"I know right!" Shawn smirked, holding his hand up directly for a high five. Cory had just smacked his hand against Shawn's when the door entered and in waltzed Angela, a focused look on her face. Shawn looked past Cory and began walking around her, a mischievous grin on his face. "So... wanna smell my manliness funk?" He wiggled his eyebrows, holding up his arms.

She sat down her shower caddy on the bench, and stood up straight with her hands at her hips, facing Shawn, unamused. "Shawn, if you don't get your stinky armpits out of my face, I'm going to break your arms off and replace them with your legs." Angela gave a sarcastic smile, more bitterness than usual laced in her tone.

"Gee, who pissed in her cereal?" Shawn murmured to Cory, who hadn't been standing too far off from him, his brown eyes widened in horror at Angela's threat. Angela narrowed her eyes at the two boys and scoffed, turning away and looking back at her caddy, beginning to rummage through it as she searched for an item.

Angela Moore did not care for Shawn, this they all knew. From the first day of kindergarten, when he licked her pizza and dropped it back on her lunch tray, only for her to catch him in her peripheral vision and stand to her feet and dump all of her food on top of his head, the two had been bickering since then. If he was in her presence and she wasn't rolling her eyes so hard that they got stuck and he wasn't irritating her to death, people got worried. So, it was no surprise she was chewing him out.

But... something was different today. She had barely spoken a word to anyone and when she threatened him, they all felt the truth in her words. She seemed agitated and distracted, in Shawn's opinion. And sure, that could just be her being a little extra with her threats today but even in spite of their tense relationship, he knew her pretty well. And something was up.

"Angela, is everything okay?" Topanga took a step forward towards her best friend, hesitance in her voice that matched the concern pooling in her round eyes. All eyes were now on Angela who simply sighed in response, plopping down on the wooden bench, massaging her temples frustratedly. The three friends exchanged looks of concern, looking back at Angela.

"Yeah, everything's fine," Angela sighed deeply, "it's nothing. I'm fine. Just thinking about some stuff, that's all. I'm fine though." She waved them off, plastering a fake smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes, her words repeated in an attempt to convince herself, Shawn assumed.