2

Several weeks passed. Elijah recovered almost fully, of course his voice box was still not functioning but his wounds healed nicely. The police had been unable to find his parents, almost considering giving up the search. Elijah knee this, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to find them.
The hospital allowed him to go home and pack his stuff. He'd be given one day to get what he needed before his aunt and uncle would come to pick him up. The Conaghers were plenty sweet and he'd visited them all the time, but they weren't his parents. He knew that this was his last chance to find his parents. Elijah quickly threw his clothes, toiletries, a few family pictures, some money, and a couple other random things into a couple bags. He left his luggage by the door and ran out to find his parents. He decided to start at the crash site. Thankfully, it was no longer blocked off. He followed the skid marks to exactly where the car had landed. He searched the surrounding area for anything suspicious. He was about to give up the search when he saw something shiny in a bush. Elijah reached out and grabbed it, finding a ceremonial dagger and two sets of footprints. His face paled as he assumed the worst. He held the knife defensively as he silently followed the footprints. He found a clearing with a pentagram in the center. His almost vomited when he saw his parents gutted and laying on top of the pentagram. Tears began to fall freely as he approached their lifeless forms. A rustle in the bushes caught his attention. "Everyone is here now. Let it begin," a mysterious voice said. Suddenly 15 men in black robes emerged around Elijah. "Let ya kill the child too. Get the knife," one of them said. They all ran at Elijah. He panicked and defended himself with the knife. With pure hatred and adrenaline, he managed to kill every one of the cultists. He feared arrest so he dropped the knife and ran home. He took a burning shower and changed his clothes. He finished right as his uncle arrived at the house. "Ready ta go champ?" He asked in his thick Texas accent. Elijah numbly nodded and let his Uncle Conagher help him with his bags. He decided he'd tell his cousin, Dell, what happened. After all, they'd always been close, he'd understand...hopefully.