Chapter 2: •Toilet paper•

"Favorite color? A rainbow. Surprised?"
-Kenzie.

Everyone knew, except her.

She couldn't say she was in love, but what she felt was way past being a mere crush.

It wasn't just sexual attraction either, although her lust level for her was over a hundred.

There was just something so special about her, her giggles and her long hair.

It wasn't one of those expensive frontal wigs like she had on her head, it was natural.. It was lush and healthy.

Vibrant and beautiful. Just like she was.

Almost, like she was.

But McKenzie Zerow would never tell Isabella Caterbridge that anytime soon, if no one in Hootset High had mentioned her lesbian crush to her, she wasn't going to either.

She could wait, wait for Isabella to realize her boyfriend was stupid, a douchebag, a cheat, an emotional manipulator, a jerk, a fool, a moronic jock, an asshole, a flirt, a player, an egghead... And, that McKenzie was the right man for her, it didn't even matter if she was a woman just like her.

She could wait.

Her best friend would soon see what everyone else saw.

She could wait.

𓃝•

Kenzie Zerow was the opposite of her last name.

She was on top of the school's social chain but, still not on the cheerleading squad like Isabella was.
   Isabella and all the other girls who sat on their table, break period in the cafeteria.

Kenzie despised anything that could represent her as feminine and it wasn't just because she was a tomboy or an in closet lesbian.

She just couldn't be represented as something she's never identified with.

So when Isabella had excitedly mentioned the open slots in the cheer squad months back, Kenzie had laughed.

Laughed so hard while Isabella and everyone in the cafeteria watched her.

Laughed hard when Linton scrunched up his nose and a side of his lips pressed down, laughed even harder when majority of the football team joined her.

"You think I'd want to audition to be an object?" Kenzie gasped out after her laughter had died down, someone passed a tissue paper to her so she could wipe away the tears her dark brown eyes had leaked.

"I am acrobatic and I know, but why would I, want to cheer anyone on? Why would I want to ask people to give me a." She walked out of her seat and stood behind Isabella.

"Give me a H and an O O, a T and S and an Eeee T!" Kenzie mocked the cheer leading squad while delivering hit moves.

Most girls on her table began murmuring about how over dramatic their school queen bee was and Isabella, Isabella stared down at Kenzie while wishing she'd never asked.

It was better than the public humiliation she'd just received because of her, like always.

|°°|

"Fifty shades of grey, I'm gay for you hunnie."
-Author.