Chapter 2- Dylan

• Dedicated to Destery

As the mustang pulls slowly up the driveway of Spiderwood Mansion the three of us stare at it in shock. More like whats left of it. As we get out of the car stareing at whats left of the place where we were raised from birth till 18, Jay breaks the silence "Oh. My. God."

We walk upto the still smoking cinders of what used to be spiderwood mansion and sift around. " No no no no! My photo of the three of us in california is ruined!" Heather squeals with anger threaded through her words. Jay walks over to calm her down while i head over to the Hall of Gods, which is the only part of spiderwood mansion still standing.

As i open the door to the Hall of Gods i am greeted by a flash of multiple silver lances pointed at my head. "Its okay! Lower your weapons! He's one of us." " Well i'll be damned. You're still alive Jake!" I say with genuine supprise in my voice. " I missed you to lil bro!" Jake says as he gives me a hard punch in the jaw. "You haven't softned up a bit!" He says while laugh then looking over my shoulder. "And here comes trouble...." Jake mutters as he looks back at me and cracks a smirk.

"Fuck you too Jake!" Jay yells as she passes me up and trips him. " Love you too hun." Jake remarks smiling as Jay gives him a quick kiss. "Uhmmm Jay hun, when did you get with the big hancho of the guild?" Heather asks politely. " Three years ago Heath my friend!" Jay says in an overly peppy voice. "Wait so you hooked up with my brother and neither of you told me?!" I scold him but i give Jay another glance. "Well i guess you could've done worse." "Hey! I resent that Dylan!" Jay yells playfully at me. "Well congrats to the two of you!" Heather says all buisness like.

" Alright, you two girls run along and gossip. Bro and I have some discussing to do." " No. We aren't little girls anymore. If there's something going on in the guild or in the war we need to know about it." Heather says asertivly. " Alright, follow me guys." Jake says as he leads us to a lone brick wall still standing after the fire. " Dylan, will you please read aloud what it says on this wall?" Jake ask. "Repent." " Oh god.... Jake tell me its not them... Tell me they haven't found our home." Jay says with sorrow and a hint of anger in her voice. " The angles finally found us." Heather just said what we were all thinking. The angels finally found our weakness. " How many got out of the mansion in time?" "All of us. Thankfully. We even managed to capture an angel in battle" Jake answers my question hastily.

As we walk down to the holding cells i can hear Jake curse under his breath. Something about how long it took to subdue this one or something. When we reach the cell I look into the bars and see a face i recognized. " Well well well. If it isn't my old gradeschool buddy Dylan. Been a long time bud." "Over 13 years." No doubt about it. It was him.

"Hello Chase."