Chapter 28

- t w e n t y   e i g h t -

Spencer and Alaric were in the study room, working on the video together. No one knew about this skill of Alaric until he asked to assist them in that. At first, all of them thought that he was going to spoil their plan, just because to enjoy his past-time hobby but when he actually directed the great damn video and now also editing the best, they all were amazed. Everyone knew that Spencer was an all-rounder. She knew everything from graphic designing to make the four-tier wedding cake. But seeing Alaric doing something too different from his usual work, it was an element of wonder and shock for everyone. 

On one side, where Alaric was telling Spencer that their side shot wasn’t that good and they had to remove it, Aurora was fighting with Eden to not to flirt with him. Since the moment, they all settled down for video directing, Eden was constantly trying to help him and acting way too good than usual. He wasn’t leaving any chance to stand close to him or to make him laugh by his humour. It was torturous for Aurora. She didn’t bring him here so that Eden could trifle on every moment. 

“No means No. You aren’t allowed to flirt with him,” Aurora mandated that to him. 

“Why? Did he give his attorney to you? No, right?”

“He is my boss, how—”

“But he is here as your friend. So, I can do anything if he has no issue in it.”

“You certainly can’t.” this time, she spoke with the essences of warning in her tone. Her jaws were clenched and her eyes were seething in a cold temper. 

Eden also got vexed by that attitude of hers. It was just a small thing which she was taking as havoc. He wasn’t getting that why she was having so much issue in seeing him flirting with Alaric and why she was making him feel like a frantic man-slut. That thing infuriated him a lot but he didn’t let his inner feeling to come out on his face. In fact, he stayed silent before completely backing off from there.

But even though he tried his best to hide his unspoken reaction, Aurora got everything. She felt that might be she over-reacted with him. She shouldn’t have flared out like that on him. He was just talking to Alaric and due to his force of habit, he did casual flirting with him. But Alaric didn’t notice it or maybe he did but ignored it. 

So, if Alaric didn’t have any problem in that then why her?

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have raged out like that,” she uttered, holding his hands as he was walking away.

“It’s fine. Leave it.”

“No, it’s not fine. I’m sorry..." she waited, "You know I have a habit to over-react sometimes.”

“Sometimes?” he questioned in a strict tone. And Aurora knew what he meant by that. The answer was already inscribed in that question. She was the queen of over-reaction. And didn’t matter how much she tried, she always ended up in digging that same pit. 

Her shoulder softened down as she mumbled in a low voice, “Always.” She accepted, looking up at him and smiled half heartily before she began, “I’m the girl who lost her job possibility due to her over-reaction on a small doughnut.”

Eden slowly threw away a small wave of laughter which made her smile and hopeful.

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t want Alaric to feel alien at this place. I want him to enjoy. So, I thought it will be good friends time for him. He barely got that. You are free to flirt with him anytime but today.”