A Short Surprise(Pearlina)

"Are you sure Marie doesn't need any help?" Marina said. "Well, she told us that she didn't need our help and that she had a good guess were Callie might be." Pearl answered while checking stuff on her phone. They were sitting in their studio looking out on the square, waiting for the next live show just before lunch. It has been two days since the news about the Great Zapfish and Callie disappears. Pearl and Marina had been in touch with Marie about Callie, but Marie told them that she have already start searching for her cousin and had some leads.

At least the masses had taken this whole thing pretty easy, typically for inklings. Inklings by nature are a carefree and laidback, thinking that it will blow over and everything will return to normal. Marina was little shocked of how inkling acted so carefree about the disappearance of the Great Zapfish and Callie. The Great Zapfish had disappeared before, but return shortly after so almost everyone though that it will return soon. About Callie disappearance, most though she just took a hidden vacation some were to relax a little.

Pearl was uneasy about Callie's disappearance. Marie had promised Pearl and Marina if new news about Callie's whereabouts she contacts them, but Pearl was still worried. She didn't not have many people she called friend in her life and the idea of losing one was terrifying for her. Marina was also afraid of losing a friend, but not as much as Pearl. Marina knew that Pearl didn't have many friends then she was young. Many either bullied her or tried to exploit her for her money.

Only one person from then Pearl was young were her friend and that was Summer. Marina has never meet Summer, but she knew from Pearl that Summer was her best friend and she heard many happy and funny tales about her.

Now sitting here in the studio, Marina look at her co-star and felt hers hearts clench when saw Pearl worried and sad, she got an idea. "Pearl?" Marina said softly. "Yeah, Marina?" Pearl answered with some surprise. Marina rarely uses her soft voice, which was sad as Pearl LOVED her soft voice. It sounds so heavily. "How is it with your friend Summer?" Marina asked. Pearl looked up at Marina, when out on the Square. She noticed a short yellow inkling with a some plain clothes, she thought that she reminded her of someone, but lost interested.

"I have not texted her for over a month, maybe two" she answered "I believed she told me she would move to Inkopolis" "Maybe she has moved and forgot to tell you!" Marina said happy that the pink inkling have stop be worried. "Naaah, she would have tell mine the moment she arrived, she is not the forgetful type." Pearl said and paused. "Maybe I should text her and see how she is doing." "That is a great idea. Maybe you can call her instead." Marina said cheerfully. "I-ii doesn't know. Maybe she is busy with something." Pearl answered.

Because Pearl is so afraid of losing friends, she would not ring them in case that they were busy and get annoyed with her. Marina thought that was stupid, but she understand Pearl has problem so she never mentioned it. Marina chooses her word before she said "How about send her asking if you can call her and talk. And if she can't, ask her how life is or some like that." Pearl shine up, which made Marina hearts jump two times each. "You're right!" Pearl shouted. "I can do that!" and she began to type a text massage. Marina smiled and looked out on the square. She noticed a yellow inkling with very plain and unfresh clothes standing be the window and looking at them and smile playfully, soon she stop and picked up her phone. It looked as she a text and after some time her smile return with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Done" Pearl shouted. Marina winced and turned to her, forgetting about the yellow inkling. "So then do you expect her to reply" Marina asked "Uhh...I don't know. Maybe in the afternoon." Pearl answered "I doubt she will answer immediately. She has also been busy in these two years, so I bet-" she was cut short by her phone buzzing. "That was quick" Marina said giggling. Pearl quickly grab her phone and read the text.

First her expression was happy, then sad and then confused. "What does she say?" asked Marina with a mix of worried and curiosity. "Have something happen with her?" Pearl shook her head "No, nothing has happen with her. I am only perplexed." Marina was now confused.

"Perplexed? What did she write to you?" Marina asked. Pearl looked down on her phone again. "She write..." Pearl began " that she is happy to hear from me again after so long and she would like me to call her, but right now she can't speak with me as she is going to meet a friend soon." Marina said "I am sorry to hear that she can't call you and..." Pearl put up her hand to stop Marina and said "I was not finished, there is more" She continued "P.S look out of the window."

Pearl looked up and looked at Marina, and then both of them look out on the square. The yellow inkling were still standing by the window looking now directly at Pearl with a big grin on her face.

Marina and Pearl lookedat the inkling and after five or so seconds Pearl shouted "IT IS SUMMER!!!"almost falling backward with the chair, but Marina was quick and prevented theshort idol from falling. Pearl quick jump to the window and press her faceagainst it. The yellow inkling jump back a little from the shook of seeing thepink inkling almost fly at her, before she burst out laughing. "IT IS REALYHER!!" Pearl shouted and ran to the door. "Wait for me, Pearl." Marina said asshe ran after her.