Spring Day

It was now Ryan's birthday and Ryan sat in his room, looking at the ceiling.

Danielle came into the room and saw her son.

"Happy birthday, Ry!" She signed and she gave Ryan a presents.

Ryan sat up and smiled, staring at the present.

"Open it." Danielle signed, smiling.

Ryan opened the present and it was... Hearing aids.

Ryan smiled widely as he hugged his mother "thank you." He signed.

"No problem, let's try them out." She signed, Ryan nodded and got up from his bed.

When Danielle helped to put the hearing aids on her son. He heard almost everything.

"Can you hear anything?" Danielle signed, "I don't know." Ryan signed.

"Can you hear my voice?" Danielle spoke and Ryan did hear it. "Yes." He signed.

Yes, he'll have to learn to speak but Ryan was happy to hear people speak.

"Be careful you don't loose them, they're very expensive." Danielle signed, Ryan nodded.

"I will mum, thank you." Ryan signed, hugging her before going back upstairs.

Ryan went on his phone and text Dallon.

Dallon and Ryan have been good friends since the party, Dallon doesn't know Ryan's house life, but Ryan does know Dallon's.

Dallon was a swimmer in their school's swimming team and his parents are strictly religious and perfectionist. He has two sisters, ones older than him and the other was younger, making him the middle child. Dallon secretly plays bass, and his best friend is Ryan Seaman, who was also in the swimming team.

Dallon knows how Ryan's dad feels about his condition, but he doesn't know the abuse and alcoholism. Ryan isn't planning to anyways.

In text

Dallon: happy birthday Ryro 💜

Ryan: thanks :)

Dallon: did you get anything for your sweet 16?

Ryan: yeah

Ryan: I got hearing aids

Dallon: omg really??

Ryan: yes! I am so happy cuz now i'll be able to hear the things you say :)

Dallon: yay! I'm so happy for you :)

Ryan: I just need to learn how to talk witch my mum is trying to figure out

Dallon: well I'm happy that you're happy

Ryan: :)

Out of text

Ryan heard the door open, smiling cuz it's nice to hear. He looked to see Brendon.

"I heard you got hearing aids." Brendon signed and Ryan nodded.

"Happy birthday, Ry!" Brendon signed.

Ryan smiles "thank you." He signed back, they hugged and Brendon gave Ryan a present, he opened it and it was an guitar.

"You really gave me an guitar?" Ryan signed, smiling brightly and eyes widened.

"Yup! I can teach you." Brendon signed, Ryan signed a 'thank you' and hugged before they played a bit of Mario Kart.

"You won again!" Brendon signed, laughing. Ryan liked that sound.

"Yeah, but what was that sound you made?" Ryan signed, Brendon looked confused at first but then it clicked.

"I laughed." He signed, Ryan nodded and smiled.

Soon, Brendon had to go to his date with Sarah.

At the end of the day, Ryan had a BTS birthday cake from his mum but of course Ryan's dad had to come in a ruined Ryan's amazing day.

Ryan heard them arguing for the first time from up in his bedroom, to stop hearing them he took out his hearing aids.

After the fight, Danielle went up to check on Ryan to find him asleep. She smiled and  went back to her room.

Tomorrow was the first day back at school.