47

I handed the towel back to him, and he took it from my hands, but then draped it over my shoulders. "Till you can get changed. It's a little cool out here with the wind," he said, rubbing my arms through the towel. Was it possible to just constantly keep falling in love with someone? Someone that you didn't actually know? Only I felt like I did know him because I had watched him so much, and kept up with his social medias, and their MetaLife platform. He was a goofy, sweet, kind-hearted person who always tried to make others happy. Someone who put others before himself, even when it hurt him. Someone who sometimes got trapped inside their own head, trying to deal with the thoughts that threatened their happiness, only to finally overcome them, again and again. Or at least that's what I thought, and I felt like I could relate to that person much. I just didn't know if that was truly him, or what he put out into the world. Because do you ever really know someone if you haven't been around them? Haven't seen them in person, comfortable in their surroundings? I honestly felt like Sam and Colby put their real selves out there for us, for the fans, to know who they were, to relate to them. I know that they hid some things, because to be social media influencers, you couldn't put everything out there, but they were as real as I had ever seen before. He smiled at me, when I glanced up at him, then bent down to pick up my bag off of the chair. "Everyone ready?" he asked, looking around. I slipped my shoes back on, and nodded, looking over to Denise and Kenzie. They were grinning at me smugly. I made a face, and stuck out my tongue, childishly before grinning at them. Maybe they were right. Maybe he did like me. Even if ended up being nothing more than a fling, it would be worth it. I felt a pang in my chest, reminding me that I was absolutely in love with him, and that it would never be just a fling to me, but I shrugged it off. Didn't matter. Take Chances, right? It wasn't like I had never experienced heartbreak before, and this time...this time, it would be worth it. I looked back to Colby, catching his gaze again, and pulled his towel tighter across my chest. I could just get my bag and put my shirt on, but he was holding it, and everyone was ready to go...plus, I had Colby's towel around my shoulders. That was enough to keep me warm. "We can go in a group, but there will be pictures of you guys, if we do. Just so you know. If you don't want that, you can go, and then we'll follow later. Up to you," Sam said, turning to the group. I looked at my friends, but they weren't any help, just giving me a shrug, so I looked back to Sam. 'What would be better for you guys? Is this gonna mess you up in any kind of way? Like, people saying you're playing favorites with fans or something," I asked. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, I didn't really think about that. Maybe separate then, because probably. Thanks," he said, looking at me, quizzically. "Sure," I replied, a little embarrassed. "Just don't wanna make it harder on you guys than it has to be for something harmless." "Alright, let's go," Colby said, laying his hand on my shoulder for a second so that I looked up at him. "See you soon Princess," he replied, before winking, and walking with the rest of the guys and Tara to the gate. We watched them go, then just stood there quietly for a moment. Just for a moment. "What the FUCK is happening right now?" Denise exclaimed, grabbing my arm. The towel slid down a little when she did and she pinched it between her fingers. "This is Colby Brock's towel!! Do you understand that? How are you so calm right now T? This is your dreeeamm!" Kenzie nodded, and laughed. "I would be dying. I am dying! Just from hanging out with them. This has been the most amazing trip ever!" I smiled, feeling it break across my entire face. "I know! I'm not calm," I laughed. "Just in shock I think." Denise slung her arm around my shoulders, as Kenzie looped hers with mine. "It's not over yet babe. Let's go make it even better!" We headed out of the guarded area, towards the hotel. There were still a lot of people out, enjoying the party, but they didn't pay much attention to us. They looked to see who was coming out, but then looked away when they didn't recognize us. We made our way back upstairs, laughing and giggling the entire time. "Wait, where's my bag?" I asked, right as Neece knocked on the guys door. Colby opened it, my bag slung around his shoulder. He grinned, and held the door wide, letting us enter. I took his towel off and held it up to him as he closed the door. "Trade?" I said, holding my hand out for my bag. "I need my clothes." He smirked a little, and let his eyes rake over my bikini clad body before removing my bag from his shoulder. "I don't know. I kind of like this look you have going on." Can your entire body blush? Cuz I think mine did. Or maybe it was just actually catching on fire from the heat that was coming from his gaze. I played it off and cleared my throat, motioning with my hand. "Bag, Brock," I said sternly. He raised his eyebrows, and handed it over, leaning close to my ear. "I like it when you call me that," he said, his warm breath sending chills down my spine. He straightened up and smiled. "Bathroom, if you need it," he pointed to the door, then went to sit on the bed next to Sam. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath. This man was fucking with my sanity.