Kaleidoscope -Union J Fan Fiction- (COMING SOON)

Josh repeatedly cursed under his breath, a hand brushing through his hair as the heavy sound of his stomps got lost in the crowd.  It hadn’t even been two hours and he was already lost in Las Vegas! Yes, Vegas, but Josh was in no mood of gambling as he mentally strangled his band mates. How could they possibly think this would be a funny prank? They had all wandered to go sightseeing, phone in hands just in case anything wrong would occur. George had a different vision of how he wanted this day to be spent, though.  He had gotten his mates in agreement to play a harsh prank on the pretty-faced boy.  So, with that taken care of, they managed to take his phone without his permission and go deep into the city where they would basically “ditch” him. They wouldn’t leave him alone; they’d only hide inside a store, looking out the window as they waited for Josh to realize that his friends weren’t in sight.

That plan took its own turn when the street light turned red, and a whole mob of people joined the across the street to the continuous sidewalk, rushing to get to their destined places. Josh then stopped to take a peek over his shoulder in hope of seeing the boys, but he ended up watching a speeding crowd approaching him. He immediately turned around, his face flushed, eyes popped open, and mouth forming a perfect circle. With a quick gasp, he searched for his band mates, but had no choice than to flow with the rest of the crowd.

An hour later, he still couldn’t find his friends. He had no idea of what he was going to do. There was only a couple of hours until he had to perform for Louis Walsh for Judges Houses. They wanted to get everything right and rehearse as much as they could! How was he meant to do that when he was missing? All could go wrong because of this stupid situation! What was the point in this happening anyway? Was this some sort of sign that proves he and what was now Union J, aren’t supposed to make it through to live shows?

He shook his head, unable to keep the thought out of his head. Triple J had taken adding George to the group as a sign that maybe after all this was their time to take over. All of this could be tumbling down, though. A spot for one of the three spaces left for X Factor for them has never been guaranteed. Louis gave them a chance and they had jumped to take it. Now it felt to him as if he’d lost it without being able to prove themselves worthy. He didn’t want to feel the same way as he did when they were out of the competition in the final stage of Bootcamp. As great as GMD3 are, they wanted so badly to get through, but they didn’t. A strong, sick feeling tugged Josh’s stomach as he remembered how it felt to lose everything he had dreamed of. Returning to their normal jobs was terrible. He didn’t want to do anything but sing. Getting a call from the X Factor judge saying that he could go through as long as they added one more member was probably the best news he’d ever received. When Louis announced that the new member of the band was going to be George Shelley, they were totally stoked about it! They had met him at bootcamp and they bonded very well together as friends. They even stayed in contact when George was kicked out.

Josh was placed back on earth when he took notice of his surroundings once more, and recognized one of the many signs in the city. He was going in circles! Harshly slapping his face with his hand, he jumped at the pain. He recomposed himself and continued walking, determined to find the hotel he and the boys would be staying at.

***

“You need a boyfriend,” Stephanie walked beside her best friend, Rosalie.

“And wait for it to end up the way it did with Aaron?” She rolled her eyes, “No, thanks.”

“C’mon, Rose!” Stephanie exclaimed, “Look at yourself! You’re gorgeous! You can’t let yourself go to waste!”

Rosalie sighed. She knew where this conversation was going. It was as if it were rehearsed. She knew she was pretty. People complimented her over and she started to believe it herself. But Rosalie wasn’t conceited or overconfident. She appreciated the nice remarks but she knew how to balance herself. She didn’t like to be the center of attention. That’s one of the things Stephanie loved about her.