A Dangerous Case 》Sherlock x Reader

A foot tapped off of the oak flooring consecutively in rising annoyance, long,slender fingers drummed across the detailed fabric of the armchair and shining, green eyes darted back and forward in search of movement. Sherlock grew more and more impatient at each dragging second as a frustrated sigh escaped his mouth.“Ugh, how long more must we wait for this pretentious simpleton?!” (y/n) rolled her eyes at Sherlock’s agitated attitude,he wasn’t the only one bored and waiting.

Sherlock behaved like this most of the time with restless behaviour and snarky comments, (y/n) had got used to it and sometimes it was even funny but other times it was just so irritating and frustrating. (y/n) was a highly qualified blood analyst who was introduced to Sherlock through Molly on one of his earlier cases. (y/n) and Sherlock clashed a bit at the beginning over Sherlock’s ignorance and blatant sense of superiority but both perspectives have been somewhat diminished since. (y/n) did actually enjoy Sherlock’s company most of the time and he felt the same, describing her as “bearable” even though it was obvious he felt much more than that especially since she had kinda become his bodyguard. (y/n) wasn’t really his bodyguard or wasn’t suppose to be but her remarkable skills in kick boxing proved useful on numerous occasions when she saved his skinny ass, so sometimes they joked (y/n) was like his bodyguard.

(y/n) only started partnering up with Sherlock recently when she aided him on a complex case about a month ago where her work unraveled the killer to numerous victims. Exceptional knowledge and understanding of psychology was nowhere near (y/n)’s grasp, she was no genius like Sherlock but she did possess the ability of reading people’s emotion. Sherlock could easily comprehend body language, gestures and stories behind possessions but he wasn’t as skilled at understanding human emotion. (y/n) could relate to people and empathise which helped cases on rare occasion. She absolutely loved her job, probably too much considering her line of work but she couldn’t help it, it kept her going

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The moving hand of the clock penetrated the silence engulfing the empty room. Sherlock and (y/n) sat on comfortable,expensive black leather armchairs, matching the ones across the room with a deep mahogany coffee table interrupting the space in between. Various pictures hung from the cream walls with illustrations of older men and beautiful scenery which shadowed parts of the oak flooring. The birch door finally opened, revealing a tall woman with a pale complexion, contrasting against her dark hair, cascading around her shoulders and aqua eyes which instantly locked on (y/n)’s with intensity and an aura of business. Her high heels clicked and clinked as they hit the wooden floorboards, her navy pencil skirt confining her movement with a white blouse lightly tucked into the tight skirt.(y/n) and Sherlock both stood to greet their late guest.
“Mr. Holmes and eer, you are?” She questioned in a monotonous tone with a cold glare, protruding, beady eyes glancing up and down, judging.
(y/n) shifted with the growing discomfort she felt as she was rudely examined.
“Mrs. (l/n),” (y/n) replied in a tight voice.
“And what are you doing here?”
“She is my associate,” Sherlock commented, clearly exasperated.
“I thought that was John Watson.”
Sherlock sighed in displeasure, eyes rolling in gall, his voice slightly rising “I have more than one associate which is none of your business anyway especially considering how long you kept us waiting.” Her head pushed back in shock and disgust at his tone with her crimson lips parting in disbelief. She shook her head, remembering what she was paid for and finally introduced herself.

"I'm Stacey and if you'll just follow me please," She spat out, her voice becoming grating. A smirk spread across Sherlock's face and his eyes darted to the side, glancing at (y/n) with amusement at Stacey's attitude. She led them up two sets of stairs with the sound of her clanking high heels and their light footsteps surrounding them. They arrived at an empty office lined with identical desks and swivel chairs with nothing separating them. The off-white carpet quietened her movements and she began to speak again. "Unfortunately, my boss cannot be of assistance today, so I will be aiding you today" Sherlock muttered a sarcastic comment under his breath"Here, like explained in the email is where somebody managed to break in, despite our high security protocols and rob most of our advanced wares, during the day, unnoticed and here is where the three murdered employees sat," She pointed in the direction of three different desks.
“Hmm,”was Sherlock’s only response as his nimble fingers drummed across his bottom lip. He began to move around, inspecting the desks where the dead employees sat, muttering conclusions to himself. (y/n) searched the area for any minuscule drop of precious blood, that could reveal any evidence. It was half an hour before (y/n) found anything, although Sherlock had found plenty and had many speculations. There was a single drop of blood on the carpet near one of the victims desk which suggested the person had been injected with a needle, explaining the little blood loss. (y/n) carefully transferred the blood sample to an evidence container.