Chapter 33

Aurora POV

Over the next week, Ivy spends everyday training Hayden. As her anchor, Hayden will grow her control. I can push her into using her abilities, but she was right. I can't expect her to have control, to be able to fight Iris.

It isn't her fight and it isn't fair of me to place the burden onto her shoulders.

It's my burden and I will win.

Pain erupts through my shoulder as I land on the ground, "Focus Aurora!" Amara yells as she stands on the other side of the circle.

I can feel the ground rumble as Xander growls lowly on the sidelines.

He took training me to fight extremely seriously until the second I get hurt. Then all his mating instincts try to step in to protect me from the pain.

Rolling my wrists back and placing them against the ground, I push over. I use the momentum to flip myself back into a standing position at the same moment I send a pulse into the ground below me.

The wave moves through the mat floor before exploding in front of Amara, throwing her back a few feet.

"Dirty little," I hear her mumble before she holds up both her hands in front of her, "Vatos."

The explosive waves throw me back to the floor, hitting the ground with a solid thud.

"Tap," Amara breathes out as she lies back against the mat.

"Me too," I say, closing my eyes for a second as I feel Xander rushing closer to me to check for injuries.

"You alright, sweetheart?" Xander asks as he roams my entire body for injuries.

"I'm fine. Got the wind knocked out of me, but I'll be good," I tell him honestly. I don't even bother to open my eyes since I know nothing I tell him will calm his heart.

He places a hand against my stomach, erupting fireworks to spread through my body. Cracking open my eyes, I meet his deep blue ones.

"Don't lie to me," he pushes slightly against my body, causing me to wince.

"Fine, it hurt," knowing he can read me and him actually doing it was becoming a fine line that I was having trouble accepting. I refused to shut him out of my thoughts and feelings, but that allowed him to read every one of my thoughts and feelings.

"If you don't want me to know, you could just ask me not to," he laughs softly, the sound causing me to smile and the ache from hitting the floor faded.

"Oh dear love, I don't like the fact that you feel everything I feel. Can you stop?" sarcasm pouring out of my words.

He looks down at me, a smirk prominent on his lips, "Sorry sweetheart. No can do. I like reading you way too much to ever quit. But thanks for asking nicely."

He leans down and places a chaste kiss on my lips, smiling even brighter. Fully standing up, he offers me his hand and pulls me onto my feet.

I lean my weight into him, wrapping my arms around his waist, "Just for that," I whisper up to him as I lean in to place kisses along his jaw, leading up to his left ear, "You're sleeping on the couch tonight."

I feel his arms go stiff around me as he growls lowly. I giggle as I listen to the conversation he has with his wolf. Neither will allow what I just sad to happen. The look in his eyes darkens slightly, "We'll see about that," he whispers.

"If you guys are done flirting with each other, we should go again," Amara yells out, breaking our stare down.

"Like you and Asher are any better," I laugh as I look at them standing in nearly the same position we were.