Prologue

1788is when Nicholas Crowder (Old Nick for short) brought civilization to the penguins, and Santa Clause rewarded him for his selfless act by making him the South Pole Santa.

Crowder built a workshop at the South Pole, where naughty children from the southern hemisphere would make the toys for the nice ones. Antarctica was a peaceful continent. That is, until the Second World War.

In early 1939, the Nazis built a whaling port in Antarctica called New Swabia. One of their seaplanes ran low on fuel and dropped their cargo putting the penguins at risk. The Nazis apologized and Old Nick informed that if this happened again, they'd be asked to leave. Penguins in that area were evacuated to the South Pole when the Nazis started the war, and to make matters worse, New Swabia was built at an abandoned testing facility with a one way teleporter, which the Nazis used to transport their weapons (thankfully they couldn't send weapons back). The South Pole was remodeled for increased production; we didn't start fighting right away, for Old Nick's new apprentice Mr. Popper didn't want us Penguins getting hurt. But in December of 1940, the Nazis tried to spread their own holiday: The Coming of Hitler, by dropping us Nazi themed presents. That was the last straw for Old Nick who declared war on the Axis Powers.