2. New friends

"Uhhhh am I interrupting something? Or-"

"Eh?!" Senku and Kohaku both shout. They didn't hear anyone behind them.
As soon as Kohaku regains her composure, she quickly jumps up and charges at (Y/N).

"Wait wait wait wait WAIT!"he shouts. He jumps back to avoid her knives and he holds his hands up to show that he isn't armed.

"Are you with that long-haired guy?" she asks him.

"Uhh no," he nervously responds as she holds a knife to his throat. 

"Then why were you spying on us?!"

"If I had any ill intent then I wouldn't have revealed myself. I want to ally with you two," he responds.

Senku decides to chime in, "it's illogical for all of us to let you keep your weapons. Give them to us and we'll take you along". 'Was this guy also petrified?'

(Y/N) hands him his sword and his knife. "You can tie my arms together if you feel like it. I will even take off my clothes if you think I'm hiding something," he responds.

After he gives them the sheath for his sword, he starts taking off his shirt.

"Woah woah woah! There is no need for that!" Kohaku shouts with a faint blush on her face.

-------

"You know, when I offered you to tie my arms, I wasn't expecting you to tie me to a tree, right?" (Y/N) says as he sweatdrops. 

"I still don't trust you," Kohaku responds angrily. 

"At least I didn't fall in love with a person I met a few hours ago" he snarkily responds.

"What do you 'fall in love' I never said anything about falling in love!" she shouted back.

"Oh really? I suppose I misheard you say that you took quite a liking to Senku".

"I was only saying that because I find him interesting as a human, I want us to work together!!".

Senku sighs with relief. "Ah, if that's the case, I'm glad. A brain in love is the most illogical variety of trouble".

After their little argument, they notice that it's becoming dark so they, except (Y/N) of course(because he's still tied to a tree), set up a campfire. After they do that they go and sit down near it. 

"Is sleeping with knives in your hands a new human thing? Or is it just you?" Senku asks Kohaku.

"It's because you brought up romance! Just because I'm interested in your actions, doesn't mean that I trust you. I've been living my life fending for myself, with my own abilities. Don't read too much into it."

"If a lioness like you attacks me, I wouldn't stand a chance. So even if it's .1 second more, go to sleep already. my physical abilities suck".

Kohaku shoots up in anger. "LIONESS?! That hurts even someone like me! Even though your actions might be those of a gentleman, you have a very sharp tongue. I may wind up killing you someday if you're not careful!"

"EITHER STOP FLIRTING OR LET ME GO!!!" (Y/N) shouts.

"SHUT UP!" Kohaku responds while Senku just gives (Y/N) a deadpan glare.

They eventually all go to sleep. (Y/N) wakes up first as the sunlight touches his face. "Hey hey, can I be freed now?" he asks the still-sleeping people. 

Both of them wake up shortly after. They untie (Y/N) from the tree, but keep his arms tied together. 

Kohaku starts carrying a big pot. "That long-haired guy from earlier, you're fighting with him, aren't you?" Kohaku asks. "Let's work together then! I can't shamelessly back down from him either," she continues.