38.

Kelly

Kelly stared at the old pictures of herself and Beyoncé, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her as it usually did when she thought about her best friend

She wasn't sure how she found herself back in the same situation she was in years ago.

She wasn't in love with Roy like she thought after all. Just the thought of him turned her off, but now she had no clue how to get rid of him.

She felt pretty bad for leading Tim on, knowing she really didn't want to be with him but she felt as if she needed to keep up with the one person she should never be in competition with.

Beyoncé was her best friend, in other words, her soulmate. If it was one person she loved more than herself, it was her.

She knew she had fucked their friendship up when she began comparing Beyoncé's life to hers, but she knew all too well that Beyoncé was too genuine to ever see her as competition.

Kelly loved the way Jay loved her best friend. Deep down, she knew if anyone needed real love, it was Beyoncé. Even though she was proud of her girl, she wished she could have that too.

Tim was the first guy to approach her with real intentions to love and care for her. She liked him, but it was obvious that he liked her more.

It was weird how she found herself back with Roy — a man that verbally, physically, and emotionally abused her. He made her feel as if no one loved her, but him.

It took her awhile to realize it, but she couldn't go back down that road with him again. Not only did she lose her best friend, but she lost her job, and almost lost her home because of him.

The moment she allowed him to walk back into her life was the moment everything bad started happening for her.

Kelly flipped through the photos on her phone, smiling at the few photos she had with Tim and the ones she had with Beyoncé.

She missed the both of them entirely and knew it wouldn't be easy to try and get them back. She would have to get rid of Roy before anything.

Hearing his footsteps, she put her phone away and acted as if she was watching television. Maury was currently on and had been on that same channel for days.

"Where the keys to the car?" He asked, flipping over pillows to find the keys he knew Kelly had hidden.

She shrugged, "I don't know Roy. Why? I'm pretty sure I need gas and you're not going to fill my tank up."

"Girl give me the fucking keys!"

"It's my car! I worked too damn hard for you to be messing it up! You fucked up my house already, I'm not letting you drive my car."

Roy was taken back by her finally standing up to him. He paused for a second before laughing.

"You've been talking to your lil' friend, huh? She got you talking to me like you don't know what I'm capable of."