Corinthian 23

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* Technically Odion won the vote but I wanted to progress the story by giving it to the next logical choice considering how the last chapter ended. I'll make it y'all in a later chapter.....

I loved my dads and even though they've done more for me than I could ever repay, today was the one day that I tried and failed at reminding them that technically they weren't my real parents. I had my reasons, the main one being that I didn't want to be there for the shyt show that was about to take place but when Dad Number Two showed up at my house I was out the door in minutes grumbling the entire way to their house. I really didn't get why I had to be there Noah and Marquise could have easily came up with something if they asked about my absence but no matter what argument I tried to come up with I could never win againt Dad Number Two. Mi'Nessa sat in the back seat making baby noises while Paris watched her closely, I much rather be at home changing diapers or sitting in a boring ass lecture pretending to take notes.... hell I'd even spend the entire day with Liberty, ANYTHING besides dealing with them. We got to the house and the first thing I noticed was Jade and Noah arguing.... I rolled my eyes because I was over them two, whatever their argument was about could wait until they got to their own house.

"Why are you dressed like you're going to a funeral?" I asked Marquise as he walked downstairs wearing a suit, his eyes drifted to Dad Number Two and I understood completely. "This is overkill if you ask me." I said quietly though I'm sure given the dirty look I just got from my dad then he most likely heard our conversation from the other side of the room.

"Corinthian, go down to that damn grotto and tell your dad to have his ass up here within the next three minutes or I'm coming down there and making him come up here." Dad Number Two said and I knew better than to argue, so me and Marquise quickly took the long way to the basement, through the basketball courts to the secret door.

"I swear I can't wait until I move out of this place.... I really should've taken my ass to MTI that way I have an excuse as to why I can't come home for the summer when they come and visit." Marquise grumbled and I started to remind him that Dad Number Two has his ways of getting people to come home but the scene in front of me was too damn crazy.

Dad Number One was sitting in one of his custom made chairs by the water, he had a glass of I'm guessing dark liquor in his hand.... but what really tripped me out were the two little boys sitting next to him. Both Ja'Kari and Troix had small plastic cups of a golden liquid and every time my dad took a sip, they'd take a sip as well; I kid you not all three of them looked stressed but poor Troix.... he looked like he was going through it.

"I already know what you're going to say Cori and I don't care.... tell Marcus I'm not coming up for a couple of days, I haven't prepared myself for his cousin and her kids yet." Dad Number One said taking a sip. "And they're drinking apple juice...." He said looking as Ja'Kari winced as he took another sip.

"Dad... you already know how this will go; we'll go up there and tell him what you said, then he'll send us back with a coded message and you'll cave in.... just save us all the trouble and we'll make this painless as possible." Marquise said and he had a point. After a few more seconds Dad finished his drink and stood up, Ja'Kari and Troix mimicking his every action and we all walked back upstairs.

"What are they arguing about?" I asked pointing to Noah and Jade, Noah was waving his arms wildly and Jade looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"What do you think? Look at the date on your phone and it'll all start to make sense." Marquise said and I looked at my phone and realized that it was almost 'that' time of year..... I'm just going to pray for them because I went last year and NEVER AGAIN. "They tried to get me to do it but.... I'm not stupid."