End-of-Term Exams

On the same day of the rescue exercise, Aizawa spoke to the class about future plans.

"Because you are all in the hero course, you shouldn't be given the Summer off. So...we are going to have a Summer camp. However, you must get a passing grade of the final exams. Those who don't will be put through remedial courses."

Time flew by until the final week of the term. Those who weren't in the top half of the class were panicking. All of them except for Chris. He didn't really care about his score or anything, but the bottom half of the class didn't need to know that. Chris never studied because it forced his brain to remember everything it needed to know on the first or second time the material was seen.

Momo offered the class a study session, but the only ones that accepted were those that needed help and those that wanted help. This list consisted of seven people: Izuku, Chris, Sero, Mina, Jiro, Kaminari, and Ojiro. Ojiro's quirk gave him a tail. That's about it. Chris and Izuku didn't really go there for extra help, but, if they learned more, all the better.

The first portion, the written exam, came first. Everyone that went to the study groups felt that they really helped. Chris knew exactly what grade he got, there was no doubt in his mind. Before he took the test, he flipped his coin a few times. As soon as everyone finished the test, they were ushered outside.

The students were in their hero ware as to have an advantage during the test. Chris wasn't in anything that resembled a hero because he usually wore whatever was the most comfortable and flexible. The students were surprised to see the teachers outside as well. From what they were told, the test would consist of fighting robots.

"We assumed you would go to your upperclassmen to ask about what the test would consist of. Because of that, we changed the test. You will be put into teams and you will fight the pros before you."

Everyone was shocked, but not more shocked than two of the bottom students in the class. They were banking on the fact that they would fight robots. They didn't really know how to fight people with a quirk like theirs.

"The teams will go as follows: Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, Midoriya and Bakugo, Asui and Tokoyami, Sero and Mineta, Ashido and Kaminari, Aoyama and Uraraka, Koda and Jiro, Hagakure and Shoji, Sato and Kirishima, and Iida and Ojiro. These are the teams that will fight together in the exam."

Everybody took in who their partners were and allowed their homeroom teacher to continue.

"Following the list before, myself, All Might, Ectoplasm, Midnight, Principal Nezu, Thirteen, Present Mic, Snipe, Cementoss, and Powerloader. These are the opponents you will be fighting."

Nobody spoke up until they all took in who they were supposed to be fighting.

"You forgot to mention someone."

The person that spoke up was Asui. She tended to be very blunt when speaking.

"That's right. The reason I didn't mention them was that...he's your alternative. You can choose to fight the pro assigned to you, or you can choose to fight Chris. This applies to everyone here. You either fight with your partner or you all fight Chris."

Aizawa then turned to the person in question.

"As for you...if even one of them passes, you will have to do remedial study as well. As for everyone else...one of you fleeing does not count for everyone passing. There will be a gate at the far end of the field. You must either pass through it or capture your opponent. Show of hands of who wants to fight Chris."

Nearly everyone raised their hands. The only one who didn't...was Bakugo. He would rather fight All Might than Chris. It was more than likely a sign of his overwhelming pride. Chris spoke up.