~Chapter 24~

Peter insisted on walking Isabella back home. She felt a little guilty for informing him that her name was Destiny and not changing it once she realized her mistake.

Isabella didn't want Peter to walk her home, she'd thought that Christina would appreciate letting strangers know where I live.

"I hope to see you again, Destiny."

Isabella shyly turned to face him. She could feel the guilt more as he spoke of the name.

"And you as well...don't leave anytime soon" she said smiling.

Peter nodded and waved. Isabella was the first to turn around and continued her way through the forest. She approached the creek where she had been found. Isabella didn't realize the couple that had saved her, lived so close.

Isabella looked at the house and wondered if they were home.

Behind her, a flash caught Isabella's attention.

As she looked down at the creek, she could see a small blue light shine, the darkened blue grew upward and begin to shine more and more. Isabella leaned further to see it more and out of nowhere, a hand touched her shoulder, making Isabella gasp for air.

"Oh dear...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." The women spoke.

It was the lady who had pulled her out.
"Nono...its okay, I was just looking at the creek...I thought I saw something."

The old women looked over the bridge and shrugged. "It was a pretty strong storm, the water had gotten very high that night, the current must have pulled in some critters." She then laughed.

"Ha of course.." Isabella smiled back and glanced once more at the creek.

"Are you heading home?" The old lady asked.

"Uh yes, actually." Isabella said feeling a bit paranoid and thought of Christina and how she had the rule of not going out alone.

"Well, you best be on your way. We all know that women very well, don't want you getting in trouble now do we." She chuckled and turned to the house.

"Uh wait...uhm...thank you...for last night." Isabella shouted, hoping the women would hear.

The lady turned and smiled, "of course."

Isabella continued her way home. She noticed that there was a fence that lead way back from the house and wondered about their backyard.

She entered the house and Christina wasn't to be seen.

Isabella searched around the bottom floor to see if they had a back door. She then spotted the door with a window and couldn't really make out what was on the other side but she knew it was outside.

She opened the door and peeked out to see bushes shaped perfectly, patio leading many directions.

Isabella felt a bit off walking outside but then again...its her backyard. She began walking through the huge backyard and looking at everything place inside. The bushes had pink shaded flowers and trees blocked out some of the sunlight. Once she reached the back, she could hear running water or a small water fall.

She kept going till the sound got louder, she turned a corner and saw a pool.

The patio was more stretched out, and had tiny lights on the bottom of the pool

She then thought to herself...

Must the pool have such long walking distance?

I leaned down and looked at the water, I could see the sky so clearly since the water had no movement. I found it strange since the wind hadn't died down since this morning yet the water stays completely still.
I put my finger out and let my fingertip touch the water. The shapes around it vibrated on top from my touch but it went back to being still.

The moon that was slowly appearing showed up in the middle of the pool.

I kept watching it, like I was drawn to it. The moon glowed brighter. It was so beautiful but something felt so..pleasing, as if I was home..as if I knew who I was and where I was.

My memories...why can't I remember anything?

"Isabella!...dinner is ready...its not gonna eat itself!"

I looked back, realizing I had been here only for 2 minutes but the sky says different.

I quickly got up, looking back at the pool as it looked at me.

...strange pool.