Midnight Meeting

By now I'm sure we've all heard of the social networking app (that makes me sound so old) called TikTok. While I was scrolling through my For You page, I found something quite interesting.

I want to put his tiktok user in here, but i don't want to tag someone else on accident.... i'll ask his permission for his name on here or something tommorrow.

((In most of my works, I choose names that mean something related to the characters, if that sparks interest for anyone))

Next week I will be forced to endure torture and my biggest fears, for a whole seven days with no rest. I have no clue what they will all of them will be, or how I will survive. One of my fears is drowning. I've seen it before, they chain you to the bottom of a pool, and occasionally let you up for air, I've only seen one person make it. I am not as strong as others think. There is a 60% chance I won't make it. But what does that mean for Geir and Lily? Lily is the kindest soul I've had the honor of knowing, she's sensitive, and afraid of everything, never said anything bad about anyone, not even the government. How can she survive?

I looked up from my dairy and at the clock on the wall. 11:30. Geir and Lily wanted to meet on the tree at midnight, I should leave.

My parents survived the Panic Room with ease, or so i've been told. They refuse to talk about it, most adults do. It's the 219th year, and knocking out 60% of the population every year isn't enough.

I creep down the stairs, my shoes are waiting by the door. I quickly slip them on, and quietly open the door.

"Edda?"

I jerk around quickly.

"Crystal? What are you still doing up?"

"I can't sleep. Where are you going?" She asked, her big beady eyes are almost impossible to lie to, but I must.

"I-"

"Edda?" I look up and see the rest of my sisters at the top of the stairs.

"Rose, get your sisters back to bed." I demanded.

"Where are you going?"

"Shh. I need to clear my head, a jog will help." I lied.

They narrowed their eyes at me, but seemed to buy it.

"Please go back to bed before mom and dad catch you, goodnight."

I turned on my heel and slipped out the door.

"Geir? Lily?" I called up the tree.

Geir's head poked out from the wooden platform. He saw me and disappeared again. A moment later, a rope ladder came into view, I stepped back as it fell in front of me.

I began to climb.

"What took you so long?" Lily asked.

"My sisters caught me." I called up.

Geir looked at me, "What'd you say?"

"I told them," I paused to hoist myself off the ladder and onto the platform. Geir grabbed my by the waist and pulled me up. "Thanks. I told them that I had to take a run, clear my head."

"Did they buy it?" Lily inquired.

I nodded. "Oh yeah, especially because of next week."

We all went silent.

I looked at Lily, she was messing with a plant growing over our "hideout.''

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have."