Chapter 4

As I was walking home from school I spotted a girl around 13-14 years old and boys that look older than her that were surrounded, what they did hurt me so bad, they were beating her. I stood there frozen, shocked of what they were doing to her, I knew I had to do something, I ran to where they were and stop infront of her to protect her, the boys looked confused of what I'm doing, I was so shocked of the confidence i had and said "Leave her alone." They quickly ran away I looked behind me to see the girl with forming bruises and cuts, a tear slipped out of my eye I quickly ran to the girl to help her up I asked if she was okay which I think was a dumb question because she looked so hurt. I asked "Where do you live" she whispered "Around the corner." I quickly took her to her house and asked her for her number so I could keep in touch with her. After I dropped her at her house I kept on thinking do I look like that. . . I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I fell, I think I just bumped into someone, but not just someone. . . Connor Ball one of my bullies I was scared that he will probably hit me or something but no instead he helped me up and mumbled "Are you okay." I stood there confused. . . Why was he being so nice. He saw the confusion in my face and understood, but looked sad as well. This brought more confusion to me, he asked for my number and said that he wants to talk to me I was surprised and scared at the same time, I hesitated at first but he had a pleading look on his face so I gave in he mumbled a "Thanks," and left with a small smile plastered on his face. I just hope he isn't planning a joke.