Episode 1: Love Thy Sister

Warnings: I do not own the original content to "The Originals", "The Vampire Diaries" or "Legacies" or any of the characters from the television shows.

15 plus, displays of Violence, Gore, Torture, M/M, F/M, F/F.

Dear Diary,

It had been well over a year since I had last returned to Mystic Falls, a year since I had buried my mother and father. I had hoped my next return would be under happier circumstances and judging by my last visit the bar wasn't exactly raised high but somehow Mystic Falls has dragged me once more for a different kind of tragedy this time regarding my twin sister Elena's love life.

Since my fifteenth birthday I have spent my days mostly in isolation hunting my next kill and wondering if I'd survive to see another year go by.

I am now 17 years old and not only returning to my hometown but returning to Mystic Falls High all in the name of my sister who has found herself dating a vampire luckily for her not that she knows it but her brother just so happens to be a hunter.

My name is Hunter Gilbert, and this is my story.

Hunter had got into Mystic Falls late on Sunday night only to fall asleep even later after being debriefed by his aunt Jenna Sommers about the vampire Stefan Salvatore who his sister Elena was dating and his wayward brother Damon Salvatore

Hunter came from a family of special hunters from his father Grayson's side however he married a reformed hunter called Miranda and the two would often clash about Hunter's family legacy but once Hunter was told of his lineage he wasted no time in dropping out of high school preferring anything other than that not knowing by leaving school at fifteen he would initially never see his parents alive again.

Miranda's sister Jenna was also a reformed hunter or at least she was until a vampire began dating her niece, a niece of which was seemingly kept in the dark by it all much to Hunter's curiosity. He had many suspicions as to why his parents kept their legacy from Elena but didn't get time to test them and decided after losing his mum and dad keeping his sister in the dark was the best way to protect her.

So, between late arrival and later debriefing Hunter was working on little to no hours when he faced his hardest mission yet on that Monday morning, mission: high school.

"So, I expect your aunt has filled you in on Elena's boyfriend?" Bonnie asked Hunter as she met him walking down the busy high school corridors. "He seems really nice but I'm not sure there's just something off and wait till you meet his brother Damon."

"I don't know what was wrong with the last one." Hunter replied to her. "Matt Donovan was a real sweetheart."

"She's not been seeing him in well over a year and besides he went to go stay with his estranged father after his mum went to rehab." Bonnie explained as they continued their walk down the corridors. "He seems to like it there."