Episode 3: Hunter Gilbert, Tomb Raider

Warnings: I do not own the original content to "The Originals", "The Vampire Diaries" or "Legacies" or any of the characters from the television shows.

15 plus, displays of Violence, Gore, Torture, M/M, F/M, F/F.

Dear Diary,

I returned to Mystic Falls to protect my sister Elena from a darkness she never understood but it was me who never truly understood it and now I stay while I try to work out if the Salvatore brothers are allies or enemies.

My name is Hunter Gilbert, and this is my story.

Weeks had passed since Hunter returned to Mystic Falls and he was beginning to start to enjoy being back home except for the numerous deaths he suffered at the hands of one Damon Salvatore

Weeks had passed since Hunter returned to Mystic Falls and he was beginning to start to enjoy being back home except for the numerous deaths he suffered at the hands of one Damon Salvatore. In the past few weeks Hunter had endured several different types of poisoning, gun shots, stabbings and most recently being set on fire all of which killed him but much to Damon's dismay none killed him permanently.

Hunter knew his permanent death wouldn't come easy for any vampire and he knew each time the Gilbert ring brought him back that he'd be closer to the last time it would work on him but he never admitted the ring's weakness to Stefan or especially Damon.

Hunter had become used to the idea of dying young and besides he found each death valuable as he seemed to come back to life with more strength, faster speed and reflexes every time so although Damon was merely experimenting with death and trying to be a nuisance of sorts he was actually helping Hunter in a weird sense that Hunter would never admit.

"I say it's a bad idea," Stefan said to Hunter while they stood in the woods of Mystic Falls fight training before launching a punch at Hunter which Hunter managed to swerve. "The tomb vampires are very dangerous and very old vampires."

"Exactly more training practice for me," Hunter replied before punching Stefan several times in the face and kicking him to the ground. "No offence but vampires on bunny blood aren't exactly the best trainers."

"Offence taken," Stefan responded before vamp speeding a kick to floor Hunter making Hunter fall to the ground next to where Stefan lay. "Trying to set free any vampire for practice is a crazy idea bound to end in disaster."

"You may have a point, but I've never once claimed to be sane." Hunter said as Stefan rose to his feet and held out a hand to pull Hunter up off the ground. "If we can even break out just one vampire specifically the one who was best friends with Katherine before being entombed we might be able to learn more about your vampire ex and in doing so learn more about her current doppelganger who you just so happen to be dating."

"Why must you always bring that up?" Stefan asked while laughing at Hunter's words.

"Because it's weird," Hunter admitted. "Albeit no weirder than your twin sister turning out to be the good twin of a centuries old self-serving vampire."