Chapter| 1

Megatron was silent as his cruel gaze traced the horizon of destruction. Cybertron had finally gone dark. There was nothing left for him here, yet he felt no remorse for what he had done. The silver warlord had single-handedly caused the death of his own planet because the Autobots refused to meet his demands. No matter—he would just set his sights on a new target while simultaneously pursuing his enemy.

The tyrant glanced over his shoulder for a moment, watching as Vehicons traveled up and down the boarding ramp of the Nemesis. They carried boxes of supplies, cubes of energon, and weapons that Megatron had collected over the eons of war. Since the Autobots had managed to escape, he was going to hunt them down.

"Starscream!" He bellowed, waiting impatiently for the seeker to come.

The spindly seeker was soon by his side, throwing a quick salute before standing at attention. "Yes, my liege?" He replied, a hint of a forced smile on his face. It was obvious that he didn't like being in the presence of such a powerful being.

"Have you managed to pick up the Autobots' signal yet?" Megatron asked, flashing his sharp denta at his SIC. He folded his hands behind his back and looked elsewhere while he waited for a response.

Starscream chuckled nervously, his wings twitching on his back. "Not yet, my lord, but the Vehicons are working on it." He let out a shriek of terror when Megatron slammed his pede down right next to him and took a few steps back.

"Tell them to hurry up, we don't have time for this! Get Soundwave to do it if they can't!" Megatron snarled, clenching his hands into fists while he glared daggers at Starscream. "I will find those Autobots, now go!"

"Y-Yes, Lord Megatron!" Starscream quickly nodded and took off up the ramp, disappearing into the ship.

The warlord growled softly, watching the seeker before returning his attention to the wasteland before him. It could've been beautiful if things would've gone his way.

After a few moments of silence, his audio receptors picked up a hint of a noise somewhere off to his left. He turned his head, narrowing his optics as he listened more intently. He heard it again and decided that it wasn't just his imagination, so he went off to investigate.

He stalked through the piles of debris like a great beast stalking its prey, his claws ready and his optics narrowed. He searched through the area for a solid minute before hearing the noise again, his head snapping up from its lowered position. A low growl rumbled in his throat as he approached the area where the sound was coming from, activating his fusion cannon just in case it was an Autobot trying to spy on him.

What he actually discovered was completely unexpected.

There was a fairly young seekerling trapped beneath the rubble, making all kinds of soft whines and chirps in an attempt to get someone's attention.

Megatron was unsure of what to do. It was close to his planned departure time, so he was just going to leave it. But something in his spark wouldn't let him. This seekerling was of Decepticon origin, essentially one of his kind. He couldn't just leave it there to perish, not when seekers were still such a rare breed of flyers.

Reluctantly, Megatron carefully pulled the seekerling out from under the rubble and cradled it in his arm. He rose to his full height, glancing down to examine it when it chirped at him. Its main colors were navy blue and scarlet red with little hints of silver and gold on the edges of its wings. Its optics were also scarlet red, just a shade brighter than its armor plating. He had to admit, it was a beautiful sparkling.

After watching it squirm and chirp at him for a few moments, Megatron huffed and started heading back towards the Nemesis. He shielded the little one with his massive arm, cradling it against his chassis. He'd rather not have anyone see what he was carrying since he wasn't in the mood for a conversation.

Once he got to the observation deck, he went over to Soundwave and looked at the computer screen. "Soundwave, have you tracked down the Autobots yet?" He asked, being rather patient with Soundwave since he favored him over Starscream.

The silent mech nodded, his slender digits flying across the keyboard until the computer beeped. An image of the signal soon came up on the screen.

Megatron grinned devilishly, his sharp denta gleaming in the light. "Excellent. Power up the engines and follow that signal. I shall have my revenge soon enough." He rumbled with glee, turning to look out the observation window as the engines roared to life.