Chapter| 5

"Poor thing. You must be hungry." Starscream murmured with a sigh, watching the seekerling try to suck on one of his fingers. Normally he would never be this tolerant with sparklings, but the fact that it was one of his own kind activated his caretaker instincts.

::Hungry?:: He asked with a series of chirps, flicking his wings as well in a version of sign language that seekers could use.

The seekerling looked up at him, its scarlet red optics wide and innocent. After a moment, it imitated the chirps that Starscream had made and fluttered its tiny wings. At least it could understand him. That was a good thing.

The seeker couldn't help but smile a little bit. It had been a very long time since he last encountered a seekerling this young and it truly was a real treat.

"Good, you're learning." He said, a soft purr coming deep within his chassis as he gently stroked the seekerling's wing nubs. He started to walk down the long corridor, heading for the refueling center.

As he walked, his mind wandered for a moment. Where had this sparkling come from? It certainly couldn't have come from Vos. The city had been one of the first to fall to the Decepticons and was eventually destroyed in the many battles that took place. That being said, the sparkling's parents must've either fled the city when it was attacked or just lived somewhere else. Enough thinking, though. The more he thought about it, the more his spark ached for his former home. Vos had been beautiful in its glory days...

"You need a name, don't you?" Starscream suddenly spoke, looking down at the seekerling. He studied its frame for a moment, trying to think.

It was more bulkier and probably wouldn't be as slim and sleek as he was when it grew up. A lot of its features were very mech-like, so he came to the conclusion that it was a mech. With that out of the way, the seeker then studied the sparkling's coloration. Most of its armor was a brilliant navy blue with small slivers of silver and gold here and there, especially on its wings, while its actual frame was a shade of dark grey. Scarlet red markings cut through the darker colors and really popped against its frame. 

He wasn't the best at names, though. Maybe he could just list a few off the top of his head and see what it liked? Yeah, that seemed like a good idea. Better than asking Megatron, that's for sure.

Starscream entered the refueling center and ignored the Vehicons that were gathered there. He searched through the vast supply of energon cubes to see if there was any low-grade energon to spare. Luckily, a few cubes remained. Low-grade energon was usually prescribed by medics to patients who just had a major surgery or were recovering from an illness, but it was also the fuel for most sparklings as well. The seeker grabbed a cube, figuring it was enough for the tiny sparkling, and found a nice quiet corner to sit down.

Upon seeing the cube of energon, the seekerling grew antsy and tried to reach it, but Starscream's arm was preventing it from doing so. It whined loudly and grabbed at the air with its tiny, needle-sharp claws.

"You need to learn how to be patient." Starscream said with a chuckle. He broke off a piece of the cube and gave it to the seekerling. Smaller pieces were easier for young ones to handle and not choke on.

"Now then, about choosing your name... A seeker should have a name they can be proud of." He mused, watching the little one carefully while he thought. He couldn't think of any good names that went along with its colors since they were fairly generic, so he just said the first name that came to mind. "What about Hailstorm?"

The seekerling perked up at that name, tilting its head at the full-grown seeker. Energon was smeared across its mouth and Starscream had to stifle a laugh.

Starscream tilted his head as well, trying to understand if the seekerling liked the name or not. They tended to be picky about certain things and he wasn't sure how this one felt. ::Like?:: He reverted back to Seeker Chant, twitching his wings.

The little one blinked and sat there for a moment. Then, it repeated what Starscream had just chirped in a more excited fashion,  fluttering its wings happily.

The seeker smiled and allowed himself to chuckle this time. "Your name shall be Hailstorm, then. I'll teach you how to rule the skies like our kind was meant to do." He purred in content, letting the little seekerling continue eating.

————

Caretaker Starscream is so wholesome, I love it ❤️

Also, you may have noticed that I changed the sparkling's name from what it was in the old version. I did that because I realized that there is a character named Jolt already in the Transformers universe, so I didn't want to use it. I know I could if I wanted to, but I really didn't. It wasn't that creative of a name anyways, so I changed it to Hailstorm!

Hope you guys are liking the book so far!