{19}

A month after, y'know, Aizawa and Toshinori have been continuing like normal.

That's a lie.

Toshinori, suddenly, became distant, little by little. Aizawa wasn't sure why, and he continued asking why that was, but Toshinori never answered, ultimately worrying Aizawa.

What's been worrying him more was all the coughing he's been doing.

He wasn't sick, he was just coughing. It started small, with a light cough every here and there, but lately, he's been coughing up a storm. It was as if he was trying to cough up something, but it wasn't coming.

"Jeez, you've gotta see a doctor about that, Aizawa." Yamada said while Aizawa had another coughing fit. Kayama and Toshinori were visiting them for dinner, and all they could do was sit and watch the scene unfold.

"I'm fine, I.." Aizawa was interrupted by his coughing. He felt something in his throat, and a feeling of dread washed over his body. The feeling was familiar, and it had been a while since he had last felt it. He coughed it up, and it fluttered onto the plate before him. Kayama and Yamada stared in awe, but Toshinori hung his head low and clenched his fists. Aizawa stared at the flower on his plate. He quickly stood up, startling the others at the table. He could feel more flowers start to rise. "..Why didn't you tell me?" Aizawa asked, hurt laced in his tone as flowers began to spill from his mouth.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings." Toshinori answered, simply. Aizawa slammed his hands on the table in frustration.

"You knew this would happen eventually, didn't you?!" Aizawa cried. Toshinori shakily stood.

"Yeah, I knew. It's just easier this way." He replied.

"For who?! Because it's definitely not easy for me!" Aizawa retaliated. Toshinori's heart hurt. He couldn't handle this.

"I know."

"Was it something I did?! Something I said?! What did I do wrong, Yagi?!"

"It's not you!!"

"Then, what is it?! Did you find some one else?!"

"STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!!"

"I CAN'T!!"

There was a silence. Aizawa was crying, coughing up a hurdle of flowers. His mind raced with falsehoods, accusing himself to be the fall of their relationship. Toshinori took a deep breath. He hated yelling, but he hated shouting even more. Even more so if it was at the people he cared for.

"I'm sorry." Toshinori said. "You deserved better than this."

"Yagi, you don't understand! I lo-"

"Please, don't. You'll make this harder for the both of us." Toshinori interrupted. Aizawa hugged himself, seeking desperately for a sense of comfort.

"Did you really love me?" Aizawa asked, shakily. "When we did those things together, did it mean anything to you?"

"I did love you. Everything we did meant so much to me." Toshinori answered, finally looking up to stare into the other's eyes. Aizawa choked out a sob, making Toshinori feel even more guilty. This was difficult, and he just wanted to run away.

"What went wrong..?" Aizawa quietly asked, staring back into Toshinori's tired eyes.

"..I lost those feelings." The taller man answered. He wished there was another way to break up with him, even if it was cowardly. He hated making Aizawa cry. Aizawa opened his mouth to say something, but Yamada quickly stepped up.

"Aizawa." Yamada said as he stood up. Kayama stood as well and went to Aizawa's side.

"I have to go." Toshinori said before he headed to the door. Aizawa went to chase after him, but Kayama quickly pulled him back and held him close.

"No, Kayama, let me go!" Aizawa struggled to get out of her grasp. At that moment, he was weak.

"You'll only hurt yourself, just let it happen!" Yamada said. Aizawa continued to squirm.

"Yagi, don't go! Please! I..! I.." Aizawa's struggling slowly came to a halt as Kayama released her Quirk to lull him to sleep. He deserved this nap.

"I'm sorry." Toshinori said before he left.

Yamada watched him go. He almost felt angry, but he knew this kind of thing was natural. Though, he knew it would affect their friendship greatly. He sighed as he ran a frustrated hand through his hair. He carefully took Aizawa from Kayama's arms and carried him to his room. He placed him down onto his bed, and watched as Aizawa's tears slowly stopped pouring. He sat down next to him and watched him relax. Kayama entered the room.

"How long will we let him avoid the situation like this?" Kayama asked. Yamada looked up at her.

"I don't know. We'll just have to be there for him whenever he's ready."

"..We're gonna keep nuking him with my Somnabulist, aren't we?"

"Yeah."