Chapter 27 *This is a short chapter*

*Cailey’s POV*

Jason is driving around and I’m yelling at him to keep his eyes open. I’m glad he’s not taking all of this the wrong way. I just want to find Jaedyn and make sure she’s okay. As we’re going down the street, I see two vehicles stopped right before the light. “What’s going on?” Jason sounds a little worried. “I hope everyone’s okay.” I nod. I notice a man in a long coat walking towards the SUV. “Jason! I think that’s Jack. Pull over.”

Jason does so and parks the car. “Are you sure it’s him?” I nod. I send a text to Brandon to let him know that we found who we believe to be Jaedyn’s real father and that I would keep him updated. We get out of the car and approach him. “There he is.” Jason looks at me. I’m feeling slightly nervous.  We get to Jack. “Hello Jack. I’m Cailey.” I hold out my hand and he just stares at me.

I put my hand down after a minute of holding it out. “Okay. I am a close friend to Jaedyn and I know she’s in danger. I was hoping you could help us find her.” He scoffs. “Why would I do that?” Mum was right. He can be an arrogant jerk sometimes, but then I think of Peter and his brother. “Jack. Peter’s alive and I think he and his brother are trying to hurt Jaedyn.”

“Peter?” He looks like he’s thinking. “Jack. We know that Jaedyn was abducted and that she thinks Peter is dead, but he isn’t. She’s in serious danger. If you don’t help us, it’ll be your fault that she got hurt!” Jack gets a sad/hurt expression. “Who are you?” Jason sighs. “Dude. Seriously? Your daughter is in danger. Who care who we are.”

Jason is worried about her too. I put my hand on Jason’s shoulder. “Jack, listen. We know more than you think. If you want to know more, we need to get somewhere safe.” He doesn’t say anything. I was about to say something when my mobile buzzes. It’s Brandon. He’s wanting an update. I hand my mobile to Jason and let him handle telling him what’s going on and where we are. “Who else is with you?” I look up at Jack. “Jaedyn’s brother…Brandon. He’s just as worried as we are.”

He nods and points to the SUV. “This is mine. She was with us at my hide-out and I had to leave. She stole my SUV and this is how I found it.” He looks away from me. I walk up to the SUV and look around. “Whoever took her, cut her out of the seatbelt.” I held it up and Jack took a look at it. “If you’re right, we need to find her and fast.” I nod in agreement. Jason hands me my mobile back. “He’s on his way here.” I nod again.

“How do I know I can trust any of you?” Jack sounds a bit suspicious. “Our mums.” Jack gives me a weird look. “You know them.” He stares at me. “Oh, just tell him already Cailey.” Jason is getting annoyed. I give Jason an evil glance and look back at Jack. “My parents are Destiny and Cody. Jason’s parents are Amber and James.”

Jack stares at me for a minute. “Oh.” He sighs. “I always wondered what happened to them.” I shake my head. “Mum found out about Charlie’s baby and she befriended the parents. She always told me she made it her mission to keep an eye out for Jaedyn and to do whatever it took to protect her.” Jack nods. “She was always a good friend to Charlie even when her own closest friend wasn’t.”

We all stand there in silence until a car pulled up. It’s Brandon. He gets out and walks over to us. “Jack?” Jack nods and Brandon holds out his hand. “I’m Brandon, Jaedyn’s older brother.” They shake hands quickly. “We can go to a safe place. I also need to get this to my place as well.” We nod. “I’ll drive it.” Jason gives me a mean look. “No way.” I roll my eyes. “I’m a big girl. I don’t need you telling me what I can and can’t do!”

Brandon puts his hand on my shoulder. I relax a little. Now is not the time for Jason to be a control freak. Jack nods and hands me the keys. “Just follow me.” We get into our cars except me, I get into the SUV and we drive off…following Jack.