¥ 9 - Untouchable ¥

Aria woke bright and early. She went out to scavenge, but didn't need nearly as much as she thought. Apparently overnight the island just decided to provide her with firewood and berries. No big deal right?

Aria was craving meat now, she hadn't eaten the night before last and had lived off berries since. Wondering if the Lost Boys were fishing today, she changed into some clothes she wouldn't mind swimming in and clambered down from her treehouse. When she appeared they turned their weapons on her. Felix stepped forward to take her hostage whilst another ran to get Pan. "You're an idiot to show up here," Felix warned. Aria simply smiled, and stepped closer. "Why don't you ask Pan if he wants to try kill me again," she taunted. "It didn't work the last three times."

Walking closer to the shore edge Aria swam out towards the island with the sinister laughter from Felix behind her. She knew they thought she would die from the mermaids, but they ignored her, they even guided her away from currents that would pull her down. Apparently word had spread fast, and on their lips Aria read 'chosen girl' over and over. She made it safely out to the smaller island where the fishing materials were stored and grinned back over to where the Lost Boys stood gobsmacked on the beach.

Not waiting for them to accompany her, Aria began fishing without their help and reserved a net for herself to carry her haul back with her. She had forgotten about that part. Since knowing she was untouchable she was definitely letting it get to her head. When they did finally get out to her, Pan had accompanied them once again and he spent his time annoying Aria. When she would spear a fish he would set it free just as she pulled it above the surface. The first time it happened she thought she was just unlucky, the second she blamed herself, but the third time she wheeled round and folded her arms as she glared at Pan, a smirk across his face.

"Struggling to catch anything?" Pan teased. Aria huffed and turned her back to him. Pan waited for her next catch, to make it slip from her reach again, but alike her first time fishing Aria caught another prize fish and it stayed firmly on her spear. Grinning like a child, Aria turned around as she held it up, proving a point to him. "You were saying?" She spoke proudly. She continued to grin and laughed a little as she placed the fish into her net bag. She shook her head at her silliness and continued to catch more. Part way through, the Lost Boy that had tripped her that one time came by her side. He went by her on the shoreline and whispered under his breath, "I'm sorry. My sister had anxiety. I didn't know."

Aria felt her resentment for the boy turn into understanding. If he had known he may not have been so harsh. It was hard living under Pan though, because to step out of line was to risk your life. "It's okay. Thanks for the apology," Aria whispered back gratefully. He smiled shortly before going back to his original fishing spot. She continued to fish and heard footsteps saunter towards her. "What did Jacob say?" Pan asked.

"Who's Jacob?" She asked. She didn't know any of the boys names bar Edward, so it was an easy lie to say convincingly. She was glad to learn the name of the other boy.

"Don't pretend, I saw him talk to you," Pan firmly spoke, raising his voice in an authoritative manner.

"He asked me about the fish. How I found them," Aria lied.

"You know I can just get the truth out of him."

"And I'll come protect him until you leave him alone. You can't beat me, you must know this by now," Aria complained. Pan glared at her again and backed down. He had to, because he really couldn't win. And now everyone knew it. Aria was a completely different person now, the outspoken voice inside her that was kept in by her anxiety had been released by the confidence the island had given her. Though she still worried occasionally and she still had instances of shaking or nausea but it was never as bad now. Knowing nobody would object to her joining them in the boats back, she hitched a lift on the row boats and joined them around the fire for their meal.