| 9 ~ When You Tell a Wish |

| 9 |

Trigger warning ⚠️: abuse, underage alcohol, murder, profanity, drug use, self harm

(If you are sensitive to anything on this list, click off.)

(Millie's POV)

-

"W-what has been happening... I-I'm sorry i'm just speechless." Finns warm hand was rested on my freezing one, as I looked down at the dirty carpeted floor. "It's okay. trust me I wasn't expecting you to not be shocked, you don't have to say anything.. b-but can I..." I looked up at him with red, glossy eyes as he stood silent, while watching me huddle into his side, resting my head on his shoulder lightly. He brought his arm up and wrapped it around my skinny waist, to pull me towards him more. "I'm so sorry mills... you should never have to deal with this." Finn's hand went up to my head and he began to gently play with my hair. 

"If you want to continue, feel free." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head, and I nodded. "O-okay.." I squeezed his other hand, that I had been holding, before continuing to talk. "I-" I began before Finn interrupted, "w-why are your wrists purple...?" He questioned with concern, and I closed my eyes tightly, preparing myself for the long explanation getting ready to come out of my mouth. I lazily lifted my weak head up from my comfortable position. "Finn I-" I began, before getting interrupted again. "Mills your-your neck.." His eyebrows furrowed, laced with fear and sorrow. 

"Why do you have bruises..." His stutters stopped and our small embrace allowed me to hear his beating heart, as I saw his eyes full of worry. "I-it's my father... h-he's a monster" I squeezed my eyes together, and tried to prevent the sobs that were threatening to come out any second, like a human held in a cage underwater, they were begging to get through the walls that were preventing them from breaking free. "What do you mean?" He maneuvered into a position where he can see my face better, and I looked straight into his dark brown orbs. I let myself take in all of the explaining I will have to do, and sighed.

"I mean... he has always hurt my mum. He has always been a-abusive. But not to me.. he's only forced me to watch him hurt my mother. Her suffering was his entertainment, and making me watch it with him was apparently more enjoyable.." I looked at my cut wrists and watched them shake while I spoke out the horrifying truth. I fidgeted with my cold fingers, while the familiar feeling of numbness is returning. "How often did he hurt her?" His warm hand once again made it's heat travel my chilly one, and I tilted my head, facing him now. 

"Once a day, maybe even less, if I was lucky." More salty warm liquid fell down from my tear covered eyelash, before I felt it get wiped away by Finn's thumb. "Did he hurt you too?" His voice broke and he gestured to my purple neck. I nodded slowly, before proceeding to spill my emotions out. "He did... for the first time- He was about to-" I stopped myself, I shouldn't talk about how he almost killed me, I can't. Finn will contact the police and my father will get arrested, and yes I know it seems stupid not to inform somebody... but I-I can't. After he get's reported my father is capable of escaping, he has done it before. And I wouldn't like to know if he did it again, what he would do to me. 

"He was about too..?" He tried to keep my sentence going, but I shook my head. "Never mind, He wasn't about to, he-he was choking me." I saved myself and he pulled me closer to him. My head rested in the crook of his neck and his rested on top of mine as I sobbed in his comforting chest. His hands wrapped around my back, while I closed my eyes. "Mills just let it all out... I may not understand your pain, but I am here for you. I will always be here and you don't hesitate to tell me anything you need help with." He cooed in my ear and I relaxed a bit more. This is all I have been asking for, this is what I have been craving, somebody to provide help and to understand me. 

After a few more minutes of constant crying, my nose was just stuffy, and my lip still quivered. "Finn... has anybody told you what happens when you tell a wish?" I asked, not lifting up my head to look up at him, just my eyes. "U-uh I think, why?" His hands continued to rub my back, leaving me with transferred warmth. "Just because- "

(Flashback : Narrator POV)

It was Millie's sixths birthday, and It was time for her cake. Her parents were watching her, with joyful smiles spread across their faces as they shot many pictures of their growing daughter. "Ready?" Kelly elbowed Robert with a happy grin, and he nodded, returning the wonderful action. They both nodded as they took a deep breath to begin singing. "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Millie, happy birthday to you!" Kelly and Robert sung in sync, performing the short song dramatically, just wanting to see their adorable daughter laugh from their stupidity. 

"Make a wish Mill!" Kelly instructed and Millie giggled from the sight of her parents pretending to be singers, before putting her face towards the candles, and blowing them out. "What did you wish for?" Robert questioned, walking towards the cake to start cutting it. "I wished for us to always be a happy family!" She laughed once again, before Kelly walked over to her and pick her up, planting a slobbery kiss on her cheek. "Mum!" Millie giggled and wiped off the lipstick stain on her face.

(Flashback Over : Millie's POV) 

"-I guess when people say that if you say your wish outloud it really doesn't come true." I looked to the side, listening to Finn's beating chest.

-

Hey yall! so this is kind of a filler thing idk, how did you feel about this?

-savannah