Chapter 01 - Job Interview

Samantha is taking breakfast in the kitchen of her apartment and looking for a job in the newspaper. She circled three interesting job offers and was now writing the address to schedule an interview. She was in search of her first job in the area that she had graduated, Marketing.

- Funny... This ad doesn't have the company name... Just say that work is in Marketing Department... - she took a sip of orange juice - And it's near here... - She thought for a moment - I'm going in that first and then I'll go to the other two.

While she finished her breakfast, she opened the newspaper in the sports section and saw an article about the teams that would participate in the X-Games next year.

- Wow... Jason Anderson will give a show... The guy is very good! And look at that... The Rally Rockstar Team will have Bucky Lasek and - she sighed - Tanner Foust... What a handsome man...

She looked at her watch and saw that it was after 8 am. She picked up the dishes, put on the sink, and went to the room to get ready. She opened the closet door and looked at her clothes.

- I need to make a good impression... What should I wear? Today's hot... I'll put a dress... Hmmm... This one!

Samantha chose a light green dress with delicate pattern in a darker shade. She put high heels, held the hair, and light and discreet makeup. Grabbed her purse and headed for the car.

Samantha arrived tired at home. She could be interviewed in the three job offers, but she wasn't approved. Or she was too young, or too old, or too thin, or because she wasn't blonde, and so on... She threw herself on the couch and snorted.

- Damn! That way I'll not be able to get a job!

She got up and went to take a relaxing bath. Put pajamas, grabbed some fruit and went to the room to watch TV. She was switching channels and suddenly she smiled.

- Top Gear! Ohhh... Tanner Foust... I need a boyfriend like you... Sooo hot and so handsome - She laughed at herself - Glad daydreaming doesn't pay taxes... yet! Now I have to have sweet dreams about him to keep happy... - Samantha sighed when the episode ended.

She turned off the TV and went to the kitchen to get the newspaper. She sat down at the table and began to look at the job offers again, and realized that there was a sheet that she hadn't read. There were several interesting job offers, but one caught her attention.

- How I haven't seen this ad? Rockstar Energy Drink... They need a girl with a degree in Marketing, to work as Assistant in the Promotional Campaigns and Events... No need to have previous experience... I'll go early tomorrow morning... I just hope that the vacancy hasn't been filled... - Samantha stopped for a moment and was excited - Rockstar! It's Tanner's sponsor! If I get the job I have the chance to see he up close! Now I'll not get to sleep! I need to get this job...

Samantha was elegant, despite appearing much older than she really was. She was wearing a beautiful black suit and a white silk blouse, high heels, loose hair and light makeup. She was waiting to be interviewed. The Assistant vacancy had not been filled and she was hopeful.

While waited, she watched the pictures and posters that were hanging around the room. There were several athletes, but one caught her attention. Tanner Foust. She was so lost in his photo that the receptionist had to call her twice.

- Miss Carter? You can enter.

- Forgive me... I was distracted.

- It's okay - she smiled.

Samantha entered the room and was impressed by the beauty and elegance. A woman appearing around 40 years old looked at her with a friendly smile.

- Good morning, Miss Carter.