Sweet Lies

Chanyeol was still dragging you and Kyungsoo to go to the practice room until Jisoo called Kyungsoo. The three of you stopped running and Jisoo approached your group. "C-can you come with me in the office?" Jisoo had a sweet voice, which any man would be attracted to, maybe Kyungsoo did too.

"Yes of course!" Kyungsoo gladly went up to her and then he looked back at you and Chanyeol, "Go on ahead to the practice room, I'll be there in a minute!" he bid goodbye to you and Chanyeol. "And Jieun!" you froze when you heard your name, "We'll still talk, so don't get ahead of me!" he shouted but you just panicked and dragged Chanyeol towards the building.

"Does Kyungsoo like Jisoo?" Chanyeol then asked you.

You looked at Chanyeol and remembered Kyungsoo's answer yesterday, "We asked him about it and he said no."

Chanyeol then accepted your answer, but he found it odd because it was the first time he saw Kyungsoo with a girl alone. "But Jisoo likes Kyungsoo. Why is he letting her take advantage of that?"

"What do you mean taking advantage?" Your face looked so confused, as if Chanyeol knew something about Jisoo.

"Why would she ask help from Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol then asked you. But you shrugged because you didn't know. You just told him that maybe Jisoo really need help in the office.

"And you seriously believed that huh?" you heard how Chanyeol was irritated towards Jisoo. "I mean, Jisoo? Han Jisoo, the Ms. Know-it-all idol girl every man "dreams" of. Come on, she really doesn't need help from Kyungsoo."

And there you were enlightened a little. You sure knew that Jisoo wasn't a weak girl, rather she was just a girl who manipulated guys and used her name and fame to get by. But there's no denying that she was an intelligent girl, and more graceful than you were.

"I don't really like her." Chanyeol pointed out and you laughed at how childish Chanyeol was. "Well, she doesn't like you either, she likes Kyungsoo." You said, laughing at him then Chanyeol flicked your forehead.

"You're really dense, aren't you?" He said and you glared at him. "I don't like her for Kyungsoo, that's what I mean!" he clarified and you nodded, you also didn't like her for Kyungsoo. Well, because I like Kyungsoo.

"I like you for Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said, looking at your reaction. And instantly, your face felt hot, and maybe it was red, it was just a relief that the lights in the hallway to the practice room weren't on so Chanyeol wouldn't notice.

"Kyungsoo doesn't like me that way. We all know that." You told him the truth and let out an awkward laugh. You then gulped, feeling how it hurt to tell somebody that your crush didn't like you. "We treat each other as siblings you know." You just said as you didn't want to lie to Chanyeol; that was slightly true for you but completely true for Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol sighed which made you turn to him, "I can see that. It's frustrating you know." And Chanyeol laughed miserably. "It's such a waste." He continued then you felt a strange pain in your chest as Chanyeol reminisced how he saw you and Kyungsoo treat each other like siblings, "No one can deny that, really. It was so natural."

"Stop." You told Chanyeol and silence caved you two. "Don't really make it a big deal. We just don't like each other that way, you know. And it's really better." You smiled at Chanyeol as you said, "In this way, we won't lose each other you know. And I'm not only referring to Kyungsoo, I'm also referring to you. I don't want to lose you too so this is really the best way for us all."

And you opened the practice room where the members were inside. Jongin was already inside the practice room and Chanyeol immediately went to him to greet him. You laughed at how childish Chanyeol was, as if you didn't have that serious conversation earlier.