𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍.

|Synopsis|love \ ˈləv 

noun1.
an intense feeling of deep affection.
verb1.
To feel a deep
romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).

Keisha - "GET YOUR ASS UP ITS YOUR FIRST DAY." My mom yelled.

"I'm up, I'm up!"

"Girl it's 6:40 you're supposed to be up by 6:00!" Fuck. I woke up late, not a good start. I spent damn there the entire night contemplating on how my first day will go. Basically a deep mixture of Nervousness, Anxiety, Excitement.

I get up, swiftly run in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and did my hair as fast and as perfect as I could.

"OK, it's 7!" My mom said.

"Ok, I'm coming!" School started at 7, which was some dumbass prep school shit. We also had to wear uniforms, like ties (for the boys) and long-ass skirts (for the girls obviously).

I quickly made my lunch put in my bookbag, and I and my mom went out the door and into the car.

The car ride there was typical, the same "motivational" talk my mom gave me every time I switched schools. "Today is gonna be a good day." "Make sure to be polite." "Make sure to stay focused, your grades are the #1 priority." "AND MAKE SURE TO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE BOYS!" Type shit, same old same old. I'm so used too it, the car "talk" and just switching schools in general, My mom and I move around states a lot. But she wanted me to come to Cass because King was to the ghetto for me.

We finally arrived at the school. It was HUGE, mind you I haven't seen it before except on the pictures. The glass immediately intimidated the fuck out of me, There were huge flights of stairs, and glass on the side of them (even on the highest story) like if someone wanted too they could just break it and fall through.

"So you want me to come in there with you, or you got it?"

"..."

"Keisha. Hello, I'm talking to you."

"This school is huge."

"Yeah I know honey, it's only temporary though trust me." Yeah, I hope so!

"Anyways, do you want me to come to or-."

"No, I'll be fine."

"Ok love you! Be polite, make friends, stay focused! Your father would be proud of you!"

"Love you too," I say faintly.

There was a line to walk in, that I didn't see in the car, probably because of how we were parked.

There were sooooo many people, like at least 700. Luckily there were separate lines, one for freshman, one for sophomore, etc. I walked into the Senior line, which was surprisingly shorter than the other ones.

30 MINUTES LATER

"Next!" The black lady at the front of the desk shouted.

"Hello," I said.

"..." She ignored me.

"Fill out this form please you may sit over there." She pointed to a crowded joint of seats. I could already tell what type of person she was, I was hoping I wouldn't have to see her again.