Diagon Alley (Chapter 1)

Edited: 5/22/2020

(A/N just the basics, y/n is your name, l/n is your last name, h/c is hair color, h/l is hair length, f/c is favorite color, and e/c is eye color. I'll add more if needed. Enjoy!)

Strolling down the packed street of diagon Alley, you put your hands in your pockets in a crude attempt to warm them. Although you already had many layers on, you had forgotten your gloves, rendering all of the thick layers useless.

Moving your eyes from one side of the street to the other, you search for the store labeled "Flourish and Blotts" as the letter placed in your hand stated that there you could buy your books.

You had been to diagon alley only once before when your mother had needed to get more floo powder, you, of course, wandered off and it took her 30 minutes to find you. You mother, being as overprotective as she was, never took you back.

But this time you were all alone. Your mother was in the states working on some sort of Auror task and your father was apparently "oh so busy" with a little meet up with some of his old school friends.

You sighed, knowing that your parents didn't really care anymore. The overprotective and caring mother you once knew was now secluded and obsessive over her work. And the once fun and adventurous father who would take you to the muggle zoo every month, was now deemed "sophisticated" and he would "never step foot in a disgusting muggle institute such as a zoo".

'I guess that's what happens when people age. They get boring' you think to yourself. You wander further down the alley, losing yourself in thought. You look up and see a sign reading "Flourish and Blotts" "Yes! Perfect, now what books do I need..." You say quietly to yourself, quickly reveling in your small triumph of finding the store in a reasonable amount of time.

Stepping into the shop, the smell of old parchment and ink hit your nose, you melt at the familiar scent, it smells like your very own library at home. Walking down the many book aisles, you read off the list, familiarizing yourself with the titles. "Dark forces: a guide to self-protection... Fantastic beasts and where to find them... OOF" you smack straight into a young boy, falling right onto your butt

"I'm so so sorry, I wasnt looking where I was going i-" the young boy cuts you off "it's fine. Don't worry about it." You look up at him, studying his face. He had brown, slightly curly hair and matching brown eyes that seemed to hold no emotion. He was pale but not in the way a vampire would be, almost a warm pale, if that made any sense.

He sticks out his hand, and you instinctively grab it. The boy pulls you up from the ground and you let go of his hand, wiping off the almost non existent dust on the front of your pants.

You mutter a small "Thanks" before he once again sticks out his hand for you to shake.

"Riddle. Tom Riddle" he says, politely introducing himself.

"oh! My name's Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you" you say with a small smile.

Almost ignoring what you had just said, he continues speaking "so are you attending Hogwarts this year? I don't think I've seen you around before..." He says slowly.

"Oh yeah, um I'm a transfer student. I came from Ilvermorny"

"you don't seem like an American, you don't have the accent"

"well, I was born here, and then my mom got a job in the M.A.C.U.S.A. when I was about 9, so we moved to America. Then it got really dangerous over there with all the Grindelwald stuff so my mom stayed in America while me and my dad moved back, that was this summer. I'm 14 now so it was only 5 years over there, so It didn't really affect my accent" you say, motioning with your hands quite a bit,  as if you had rehearsed the monologue many times.

"M.A.C.U.S.A.?" Tom asks disregarding most of the other information you gave him.

"It stands for Magical Congress of the United States of America. Its basically the American version of the Ministry of Magic."

"Oh" Tom states simply, "Have you been sorted yet?" Tom asks.

"yes, I have. When we went to take a tour once I had been accepted, professor Dumbledore let me be sorted early, as to avoid confusion during the ceremony. I believe I was sorted into the Gryffindor house." You reply.

"oh, I happen to be in Slytherin, but perhaps I could still... Show you around? I am a prefect after all and we are both in 4th year" he says, motioning to the small prefect badge neatly placed of his robe.

"Um... Sure! That would be nice" you reply, a small smile forming on your lips and an almost unnoticeable blush residing on your cheeks. Almost unnoticeable, but not to Tom, he saw it very clearly.

You said your goodbyes before you both went your separate ways. Tom walks slowly down diagon alley, fiddling with the wand placed in his pocket. He smirks to himself, knowing that soon you'd be wrapped around his finger.

*
A/N
Well kiddos, that was the first chapter. I hope you liked it. I'll probably make more of this if you guys want. Love you byeeee~ (don't be afraid to give me constructive criticism, or comment where grammatical errors are and stuff like that.)