The Hogwarts Express (Chapter 2)

You wave your father goodbye as you walk into the familiar train station, taking in your surroundings. You look down at the trolley in front of you studying the owl that was sleeping in his cage. You had gotten him when you first started attending Illvermorny.

He was mostly a dark brown colour with sparse Auburn markings on his face and tips of his wings. You were known for naming your pets weird things, so you, of course, had named your owl 'Pigeon', and you thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

Continuing on your way, with your Hogwarts Express ticket in hand, you hum yourself a little song to distract yourself from the world around you, but, you might have done too well of a job because you didn't even notice when someone bumped into the back of you.

"I'm so so sorry! I didn't see you there!" The young girl says as she turns around to face you. "Oh, it's perfectly fine, I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going" you say with a smile, to let her know it really was okay.

You stick your hand out, and she shakes it. "Y/n L/n. Nice to meet you" the smile still visible across your face, "I'm Lily Evans" she says, returning the smile.

Lily looks at the letter in your hand and sees the familiar Hogwarts Crest, "hey," she whispers, looking from side to side to make sure no one was listening, "are you going to Hogwarts this year?" "Yeah?" You ask more than answer. "I am too! But you don't look familiar, are you new?"

You repeat your short monologue of how you transferred from Illvermorny and how you don't have an American accent like you did a couple weeks prior as the two of you walk towards platform 9. When you arrive you look at her with a confused look. She simply smiles back and says a quick, "you'll see" the smiling turning into a slight smirk.

She grabs hold of her own trolley and grabs your hand, pulling you behind her. She takes a quick glance around to see if anyone was looking, then runs straight at the wall. You gasp, wincing right before you make contact, but... The crash never comes.

You open your eyes slowly and realize that you aren't dead. Huh.

You look over at Lily and see her laughing her ass off. You try to glare at her but you can't keep it up long, as you too burst out laughing.

"You... Wanker!" You say between laughing fits, lightly punching her shoulder. As you start to calm down, you notice some people are staring at you, so you straighten yourself up and grab your trolley and call the girl along, who is still laughing.

You make your way onto the train, Lily takes the lead, since she said she wanted to introduce you to her friends.

You follow her down the corridor of the train, as she looks into each compartment. As you pass one, you look in and see Tom Riddle, the boy you met in Diagon Alley.

You stop walking and tap on the glass to get his attention, and he looks up from the book he was reading, making eye contact with you. You offer him a smile and wave at him, to which he gives a small wave back.

Feeling satisfied with him noticing you, you jog back over Lily, who hadn't noticed you stopped and was a little farther down the corridor.

As you reach her you notice she is stopped in front of a compartment making funny faces at the glass, she turns to you as she notices your presence and she lets a small laugh escape her lips.

She slides opens the compartment door and you walk in behind her, sitting across from her.

Sitting in the compartment were four boys, Lily proceeded to introduce them all to you. "This is Sirius," she said, pointing to the one you were sitting next to. He was taller than the rest, and had almost shoulder-length, messy, dark brown hair. 'hes kinda cute' you think to yourself. Noticing you were looking at him, he winked at you, making you blush a little. "He's an asshole and no one likes him" Lily continues. "Hey!" He says, snapping his head towards Lily.

Lily ignores him, and gestures to the boy next to her. "That's James," He had short, light brown hair and round glasses. You could already tell he had a thing for Lily. He gives you a slight wave and you smile back at him. "He's just really annoying" she says. James puts an arm around her shoulder, saying "you love me" with a laugh. Lily just grumbles, and continues to introduce the group.

"That's Remus," she states, gesturing to the boy next to Sirius. He had light auburn-brown hair, and a few scars across his face. "He's probably the nicest one here" lily says, as he smiles softly at you.

"And last but not least, that's Peter." He had long, dirty blonde hair, and was a little chubby, he was definitely the shortest. 'he kinda looks like a rat' you thought to yourself.

The boys start asking questions about you and why you transferred, so for the second time that day you repeat your rehearsed monologue.

After chatting with the group for a while, you see the boys start whispering while glancing at you and Lily. "Lily, what are they doing?" Lily sighs and rolls her eyes, "they want you to leave the compartment. This happens everytime I bring someone new around, so don't feel bad." You look over at the boys and they're starting at you. "Fine, fine. I'm going." You say with a laugh. Sirius mumbles a "sorry" as you leave.

You understand. You're the new kid, they don't trust you yet, but, you were determined to win their trust. You thought they were cool AND they were in your year.

Checking the time, you realize the train would be arriving soon, so you decide to go change, Happily awaiting the exciting new school year.

*
A/N
WOO another chapter! I'm procrastinating on school work so I'll probably post another chapter today as well (no promises). But I really hope you guys are enjoying my writing so far! I know I'm not the best but I know what generally makes people not want to read fics so I try my best. (Tell me if something doesn't make sense and I'll fix it!! I love constructive criticism so don't be scared to point things out) sorry for the long note, love you guysss~