Chapter Seven - Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan led Jensa inside. Obi-Wan handed her lightsaber to Mace Windu, before taking his seat two spots left of Master Yoda.

"Jensa," Windu started. Yoda seemed to be studying her. Obi-Wan found Jensa's eyes on him. "Has it been, twelve years?"

"Almost thirteen." Jensa took another look at the rest of the faces.

"Almost thirteen years since you left the Jedi Order."

"Almost thirteen years since you were planning to expel me," she shot back. Her face showed she regretted her angry words immediately. Mace Windu studied her again.

"Why are you here, Jensa?" Jensa took a breath.

"I want to be back in the Order." Obi-Wan saw some glances being exchanged among the Masters, most of which were not council members when she left.

"No," Windu said.

"What?" Jensa cried, looking between Windu, Yoda, and Obi-Wan.

"What of your attachment?" Yoda asked, the first time he spoke during the meeting.

"Well. You know Qui-Gon was... Killed." She looked at Obi-Wan. "Bringing Dooku to justice will honor him. So, yes. I'm free. The attachment has been fulfilled." She finished, focusing again on Yoda.

"We could not have caught Dooku without her. Him in Republic custody will give us a high advantage in the war," Obi-Wan put in. Jensa gave him a small nod of thanks. Windu continued staring. 

"No." He repeated. Before Jensa could protest, he kept talking, while igniting her red blade. "If you leave and make one of these, there's a guarantee you will never come back."

"That's ridiculous. I wanted to come back the minute I left. I went to Dooku because I didn't know where else to go. I stayed with him for a while. Eventually I made the lightsaber, but right after, I knew I couldn't do it. I left him bad I've been running ever since. I didn't want that saber." Obi-Wan could tell her temper was starting to rise.

"Your path after the Order is of importance, yes. But your reasons for leaving, more important, they are. Your biggest adversary, attachment is. First Qui-Gon, now Count Dooku, I fear."

"No, this is- this is unfair."

"Jensa-" Obi-Wan started to stand, but Jensa used the force to push him back into his seat. Multiple Jedi Masters reached for their sabers.

"You and your attachments. You're Jedi! Your attachment is the entire galaxy! It's your job to care about each and every living thing in this galaxy."

"Jensa-" Obi-Wan tried standing again but she pushed him back.

"No. Dooku knows it. Qui-Gon..." She faltered, and her eyes locked with Obi-Wan's. "Qui-Gon knew it. And I know it. You're all living a lie. I can't believe I wanted to come back here." She used the force to pull her lightsaber from Mace Windu. He stood, his own lightsaber in hand. "Relax, I'm not going to use it. I'm getting out of here." With a final look at Obi-Wan, she left the room.

Obi-Wan looked at Mace and Yoda. They both looked troubled, matching the expressions of the other Masters.

"Hmm... Troubled, she is," Yoda commented.

"Yes. And she seems more powerful than when she left." Windu turned to Obi-Wan. "Do you expect her to simply leave?" Obi-Wan stroked his beard.

"I believe she will leave." A thought struck him. "But not alone. We need to get to that prison."

*A/N: short chapter! But setting up for what's to come :) remember to star and comment if you liked it and have feedback!