Ch 2 What are the Odds

Hunter and Y/N woke up early and ate the
last of their rations. With that done the two walked until they heard a distinct sound of gunfire off in the distance.

Hunter: Well you know the drill Y/N. Double time.

Y/N: Yeah, yeah.

They then follow the source until they were overlooking a hill above on what seemed to be an outpost. Y/N grabbed out his longshot and looked through the scope.

Y/N: Those people with a mask definitely look like a terrorist group. The other forces look like some sort of military force. Weird thing is that they have melee weapons.

Hunter: And? The Butchers had cleavers.

Y/N: (looking through scope) No like it's that they fight using those types of weapons when  having guns.

Hunter: I'm sure it has its merits. Just start your firing.

Y/N: Got it. (takes aim and fires)

Winter POV

We were storming a White Fang outpost that was supplying their forces within the city but now we are dealing with clearing out the area. With it surrounded, however, it was simply a matter of time. The strange thing was reports were coming in about soldiers receiving some kind of sniper support. Though we never had enough time to establish it; did we? I was the one overlooking this mission so it was odd.

Winter: (walks up soldier) Is it true that our soldiers are being provided with support?

Atlas Soldier: (checking scroll) According to squad reports there has been. What is strange is how we never had the chance to establish it.

Winter: A mystery that confirms suspicions.

Winter continued directing the mission until it was all over. Grabbing out some binoculars she spotted the lens reflecting the sun. This sniper took notice at her as well.

Y/N: Someone spotted me. She looks like she wants us to go there.

Winter was pointing at Y/N to go down to her position while Hunter merely waved at her.

Hunter: Looks like we gotta go down there. If we don't know if they will probably send out the search party.

Y/N didn't want these people to find out who they were. Military forces finding out at how they aren't from the planet isn't ideal.

Y/N: Follow my lead Hunter.

Hunter: Got it.

Walking down the position Hunter and Y/N went to meet with the female.

Winter: Did Ozpin sent you up to this?

Y/N: Ozpin?

Winter: Yes, Ozpin. Was it a mission from Beacon Academy?

Y/N: Well no. We were personally sent on a field mission nearby here. A village. We were unable to make it.

Winter: A village?

Hunter: There is one problem. There was a point where we had to abandon most of our supplies. There was some enemies.

Winter: What is White Fang or Grimm? If it is White Fang I have to send in units to find them.

Hunter: Uhh it was a Grimm attack. There was only one of them by the time we arrived.

Winter was saddened by the news because if it were White Fang then some sort of justice can be delivered. It cannot be said the same with Grimm.