~ Chapter XVII ~

~~~

~~~

~~~

If someone said three years from now

You'd be long gone

I'd stand up and punch them out'

Cause they're all wrong

I know better'

Cause you said forever

And ever

Who knew

This was the last day.

A week had passed since the accident in the Flower Capital and the revelation of the human's presence in the holy country was badly accepted. It was like Law predicted when Enel rushed out of the local restaurant, leaving the place entirely battered and in poor condition.

Me and the raven quickly eloped from the place and were only able to wait for the worst. Not an hour passed when a rainbowish eagle delivered a red wrapped letter, the latter only being able to be opened by the receiver and no one else. Law brusquely grabbed the paper and flapped open the content, briefly glancing over it until his face became pale to the point of almost resembling snow.

"W-what is it?" I touched his hand, trying to read him like an open book. "What does it say?"

No matter how much I wistfully wished for a relieving response, I never got it. When he turned at last to face me there was no trace of tears, not in his eyes or in track marks on his reddening face. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. "It's Doflamingo decision upon the last judgement. Seven fucking days. That is all before...I'm sentenced to the Sea-stone Cuffs."

"The Cuffs?"

"That means I'll never be able to trespass the line between human and god realm. Not until that bastard is in charge." He spat. I slowly processed his word which that only resulted in hard breathing.