Sallie House

Time Era: 1800s-ish (I really don't know)
Location: Atchinson, Kansas
———————————————————————

The Sallie House of Kansas is not only the most haunted house in Kansas, but in the whole country of America.

The quaint little house was built in the 1800s. It originally belonged to a physician, with the upstairs room being where he and his family lived. The lower floor was used as his office and examination rooms.

One day, a mother burst inside the house, carrying the body of her 6-year-old daughter, Sallie. The girl had collapsed from abdominal pain. The doctor concluded that she had a case of appendicitis and needed to have her appendix out right away. There was no time to take the young girl to a hospital.

The physician began his operation on Sallie, but he didn't let the anesthesia take full effect before he started cutting her. The operation failed, and Sallie woke up on the operating table. She died screaming soon after, believing that the man standing above her was torturing her to death.

Things at the house in Kansas were normal for a few decades. It wasn't until the 1990s that the paranormal events made some waves. At the time, the house belonged to a married couple, their little daughter, and their dog. The dog refused to go into the nursery and would bark at nothing. Eventually, the child's dolls in the nursery would rearrange themselves in a perfect circle while nobody was in the room. The husband experienced mysterious scratches, some of which were created on camera. Fires broke out for no reason. Objects would tremble and move when he was in the room. He even reported a feeling of violence. The man was actually planning on slitting his wife's throat when they finally agreed to move out of the house.

No attacks came unto the wife and baby girl.

Now, when investors visit the Sallie house, their cameras and batteries go out suddenly. Visitors see objects moving, or experience unexplained scratches, bruises, and burns. Trained guide dogs bark at the house and still refuse to enter the nursery.

Some have theorized that the house is actually haunted by a demon who takes the form of a little girl. They claim that the basement of the house was once used by Satanic rituals.

Me? I wouldn't even try to find an explanation. I'd just stay away from there.