chapter one

When Jennie woke up, her head pounded. She suspected an extreme hangover, but instead her eyes opened to an unfamiliar place. Her first thought was that she went home with Jisoo or Lisa, but this didn't look anything like their houses. She found herself in a small finished basement. It smelt of oranges and black pepper and looked naturally lived in.

Due to her throbbing headache, fear didn't exactly set in until she turned around.

"Oh my gosh!" Jennie screamed, falling back on the floor in terror, heart now pounding as well.

Yoongi stared down at her, arms crossed lazily. He was standing behind the couch, clearly bored and a little aggravated. "I thought you would've noticed me by now."

Jennie didn't know what to say. She was terrified of the man. While she wanted to act the bad girl part, her instincts told her to run, and so she did. Running hardly matched the scramble of Jennie up the stairs.

Yoongi simply watched, a confused and bored look obvious on his face. "You can't get out. Just come sit down, and I'll explain a few things." He tried being patient, but his foot tapped as Jennie took her time coming back down. He sat across from her on the couch.

"Hi," he started, "my name's Min Yo--"

"Stop acting like everything's normal," Jennie interrupted, harnessing the little fire she had. "What are you doing with me?"

Yoongi scoffed, irritated and growing angry. "Well if you would let me finish! My name's Min Yoongi. I'm in a...uh, well...organization of sorts. Last night, my friends and I were playing criminal truth or dare. It has a dumb name, but it's actually really fu-- Long story. Anyways," he continued, starting to ramble but cutting himself short, "I was dared by my old pal Kim Seokjin to kidnap a pretty girl. You were the first one I saw and then I knocked you out and now we're here."

Jennie blinked as if it would help her process the information quicker. "Wait... so you mean to tell me... you ruined my life for a-- for a DARE?!" she yelled accusingly, not moving from her spot, but sitting up a little more. She knew that she should calm down, for he was a seemingly very dangerous criminal, but she couldn't bring herself to it. "Eff you Min Goomji!"

"Min Yoongi," he corrected, interrupting her for a second, but allowing her rant to continue.

"Whatever!" she shrieked, tears bubbling up in her ears, frog growing in her throat. "You ruined my birthday, Min Yoongi, and you ruined my life." Giving up on fighting more, she slumped back onto the couch, allowing herself to cry. Ruining her life would seem over-dramatic to Jennie in any other situation; no one's life could really be ruined. However, being locked in a criminal's basement with no hope of getting out made the outburst less ostentatious to her.

Expecting this, Yoongi stood brushing himself off, as if to brush away Jennie's distress. "I'll bring you dinner in a couple hours. While you wait, I have a few video games and books down here to keep you occupied." He nodded to her and went up the stairs, locking the door behind him.

hi everyone, it's summer! i'm super excited to start this, so please look forward to it! the chapters will be starting out short, but they'll progress. please comment if you prefer short or long chapters!

qotc: what are your favorite ships for kpop idols?

author from the future here! my writing is very... VERY bad in these first few chapters, so i'm sorry about that lol. PLEASE stick with me! lol anyway enjoy the book~ <3