Age is But a Number (lesbian story): Chapter 26

I’ve only been to the principal’s office twice. The first time was on the first day of school because I got lost and stumbled in, and the second time was last month when he presented me with a scholarship. So you can imagine why I was sweating bullets as I waited to be called back. With every second my stomach tossed and turned more. With every ring of a phone I jumped a little bit, and every time the secretary glances at me my heart stopped. I’m a good kid, so why was I in the office?

                Oh yeah I almost forgot it’s all Tabitha’s fault. She just had to go and talk about my mothers. I can handle a lot of things but when you say my parents are unfit something in me snaps and I go ballistic. Those two women went through hell and back for me and they are always by my side. For someone to disrespect them to my face is something I will not accept. I’d die for my mothers because I love them more than anything. Every time I glanced over at her ugly face I wanted to rip that cheap weave out her head and choke her with it.

“Ms. Love, Ms. Adams Principal Harris is ready to see you,” The secretary finally called me and I stood up trying to show no fear. Tabitha stands up with confidence as if she’s about to be commended and then struts into the office. It takes everything inside of me not to smack her ugly ass.

When I walked into Mr. Harris’s office I saw him at his desk shuffling a few papers. He looked just as surprised as me.

“Why hello there Ms. Love and Ms. Adams. I would have never expected you two to be in here. Why just last month Ms. Love was in here squealing about her scholarship. It seems as though you two have a had bit of an altercation which ended in Ms. Love slamming you Tabitha against the chalkboard am I right?” Mr. Harris pried.

. You know how most schools have a principal who so old, ugly, and stern looking? Mr. Harris is totally not that type. Mr. Harris is in his early 40’s with a very dark tan, black hair that has grey popping up and he has a warm smile. He’s one of those people who you can just feel comfortable around.

“Well she talked about my mothers. When people talk about my mothers I get very defensive,” I stated as I gave Tabitha a death glare and she rolled her eyes.

“All I said was that they were dykes and that two mothers are obviously not fit to take care of a daughter. It’s just not right,” Tabitha preached and now my blood was really boiling.

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinions Tabitha, but sometimes we have to keep our opinions to ourselves because they can be flat out rude. Calling a child’s parents unfit is a stab to the heart. How would you feel if she called your parents unfit?” Mr. Harris quizzed her and I got a big smirk on my face. For some reason Tabitha went dead silent Mr. Harris must have touched a sensitive spot.

“Are you okay Ms. Adams?” He asked her sincerely and she just continued to stare down.

“Well I’ve called your parents just so that you’re aware of it. They should be here any minute now,” Mr. Harris announced and I look up at the clock over his head and check the time. It is almost 12 and I know for a fact that Mom is not going to be too thrilled that she had to stop in the middle of teaching an aerobics class to talk to my principal. Mommy on the other hand is probably freaking out and thinking the worse.

“Tina calm down for god’s sake! You know it’s nothing serious!” I heard my Mom’s voice yell from outside the office. Things are certainly about to get interesting. A few seconds later Mom and Mommy stumble in. Mom is still in her workout clothes with her forehead glistening and Mommy looks like she’s about to have a panic attack.

“Nice to see you again Mrs. And Mrs. Love,” Mr. Harris greeted then and shook both of their hands. When I looked over at Tabitha she looked as though she was about to piss her pants. That’s usually the reaction people give my Mom, until they get to know her.