💀[AfterDeath] "The reason." {ANGST}💀

Yayy the first non-lemon of this book if I even finish thiss -

Reaper
Geno
Burgerpants
XXXX-XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

~[///Third Person///]~

It had been a long, more stressful than usual day for the God of Death, having one too many souls taking their own lives.

He could only pity them, although it wasn't like he could do anything about it. At least they were in a better place.

Sliding his razor-sharp scythe into the holder on his back, Reaper watched as the soul floated away, off to its designated place in either the cloudy, positive gates of heaven, or the deepest pits of firey hell.

He sighed, opening a portal to the Omega Timeline, where many monsters and humans alike would come to hang out, a few of them even residing in the timeline when Core Frisk and Ink completely renovated it to look like the original timeline of UNDERTALE.

Reaper was one of them who resides with the love of his life, Geno, in a cozy little house by the Snowdin river.

Taking his hand to the doorknob and twisting it open, Death stepped inside after he had relocked it.

Geno had left the door unlocked.

Strange.

"Hun? I'm home, you left the door unkocked--"

.

.

.

No answer.

"Geno?"

Reaper felt uneasy, like something was wrong. He just couldn't put a boney finger on it. He closed the door, then seeing that there was a note attached to the back.

He'd pluck it off, noticing it as his lover's handwriting.

"Whent out to the store to get some stuff, take care of the dishes for me"

  ~Much love, Geno.

Reaper frowned at the note Geno had left him, upset at the fact he wouldn't be able to hear his sweet voice or feel his warm body until he came back. Tossing the note aside, he'd stroll into the kitchen to find a sink full of dishes stained with spaghetti sauce, ketchup, and various other substances.

"This is gonna take awhile..." He'd mumble to himself. 

 Grabbing some latex gloves and pulling them onto his hands, he picked up a plate and got to work with the sponge.He'd sigh as he scrubbed away at the dishes, still being unable to shake the feeling in his nonexistent guts that something was wrong. 

 ~{///Geno's POV///}~ 

 Picking up a few bottles of ketchup, I'd toss them into the basket I'd be holding. Smiling, I'd think about Reaps would be all over me when I got home. He was always like that whenever he came home, being all lovey-dovey and trying his best to attempt to fluster me. 

God, I love him. 

I'd stroll up to the counter, placing my things infront of a Burgerpants from a pacifist timeline that had for some reason volunteered to work shifts at the OT's Trash Mart. Maybe he got tired of Mettaton. 

 He scanned the items I'd set on the counter without any further input or conversation. That's what I liked about him, doesn't ask a million questions like Catty and Bratty did. 

"That'll be $34.78 sir."

"Mhm."

I'd pull out the G and give it to him. 

"Mmk have a nice day."

"You aswell."

And with that, I picked up my stuff and waltzed out of the store.

~+{///Third Person///}+~

The snow would crunch softly under Geno's pink slippers, each step bringing him closer to his cozy house he shared with Reaper.

The scarfed skeleton would find himself daydreaming, the smell of Grillby's fries filling his head as he walked past the establishment.

It was then that the crunch of snow behind him snapped him out of his thoughts.

Swerving to look behind his back, he'd look to see but a particle of magic dissipate.

Geno's body became rigid with fear of what could have been behind him. He turned around and started walking faster. He ran into the trees, hoping to shake off whoever or whatever was following him. With Geno's pace picking up, the sound of crunching show behind him quickened alongside. Geno flew into a panic, deciding if was best to go backwards even if it slowed him down so that whatever was following him would at least have a harder time.

Big mistake.

Geno had run backwards into the being who'd been following him, the firgure swiftly putting a rag soaked in chloroform to the scarfed skeleton's face.

Everything went dark.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Boy I absolutely had to leave it on a cliffhanger didn't I-