Childhood Lovers

A/N: Hey there!  This will be a collection of oneshots!  Any and all mistakes are mine.  Enjoy. 

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN VICTORIOUS OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS! 

I have an idea for a second part to this, so let me know if you want that!

Word Count: 5,201.

Summary: Jade and Tori meet in kindergarten. This is their story as they grow up together.

***

Jade sits on one of the swings, her feet kicking the wood chips around. Her hands clamp tightly around the rope holding the swing to the metal poles. She looks up, staring at the line for the slide. It was always long, which is why Jade never wanted to go down the slide - she hates waiting. No one ever wants to use the swings, which is why Jade loves the swings. Jade looks to the left of the slide, seeing the sandbox. Gross. Jade hates the sandbox; it's so disgusting. She's also pretty sure she saw Trey, the kindergarten bully, pee in it. Jade shakes the thought from her head and shifts her sight to the monkey bars. The monkey bars hurt her hands and give her blisters.

Jade is brought out of her thoughts when she senses someone plop down on the swing next to her. Jade looks to her right, angry that someone would sit next to her. The girls smiles brightly and Jade can see that she's missing one of her front teeth.

"Why aren't you swinging?" The girl asks, pumping her legs to swing.

Jade watches as the girl swings back and forth, slow enough to maintain a conversation with Jade. "I don't want to."

"Do you want me to push you?" The girl asks, tilting her head.

"No." Jade grumbles.

The girl stops pumping her legs and slowly comes to a stop. She looks at Jade, trying to figure her out. "Do you want to go to the monkey bars?"

"No." Jade crosses her arms over her chest, "I just want to sit here!"

"I didn't get out of line for the slide to just sit here," The girl pouts.

"I didn't ask you to," Jade says, "You could've stayed where you were."

The girl studies Jade, frowning, "Are you okay?"

Jade grabs the ropes of the swing and looks at the ground. "I'm fine."

"I'm Victoria Vega," The girl says, "But you can call me Tori, if you want!"

Jade looks over at the girl, "I'm Jade West."

"I can tell we're going to be best friends!" Tori exclaims.

"I don't want friends," Jade says.

"Too bad!" Tori says, "Because you have one!"

Third Grade

Jade decided to keep Tori by her side, and it definitely wasn't because she couldn't get rid of Tori...No definitely not.

"Come on!" Tori exclaims, grabbing Jade's hand and pulling her outside for recess. Tori drags Jade to a patch of grass for them to lay on. Tori sits down, tugging on Jade's hand, wanting her to sit down. "Sit down," Tori says. Jade sighs, reluctantly sitting down next to Tori. Tori lays down, looking up at the blue, cloud covered sky. Jade lays down, also looking up at the sky.

"You can let go of my hand now, Vega," Jade says.

"Oh, sorry," Tori says, letting go of Jade's hand and resting her own on her stomach.