chapter two

The man was worried. He was tying up his tie, but every time he would muddle something up and restart while muttering a few words, he had sweat dripping from his brown hair making it glitter and a few buttons were undone or put in the wrong hole.

The man was terrified.

He had a big deal he had to make today and this shadow kept following. The deal wasn't something that the public should know about, but it would be useful for the SDC. The faunus that he was buying would be able to hide the missing faunus who had an accident at work. Now this shadow was tracking his movements and whenever the man saw him he would glare daggers at him before disappearing.

The man was now walking by the centre of Atlas, in the middle were strange structures that made small shadows underneath while the humongous skyscrapers which many were owned by the Schnees, surrounded them.

The man took out his scroll to see the time, but the sun shined in his eyes blinding him for a few seconds before he could properly read it."10:2-" but his scroll was knocked out of his hand by a passer-by before fading into the crowds of pedestrians. Groaning he walked forward to find his scroll which happened to be in the shade of one of the structures. The man walked forward and grabbed his scroll while muttering under his breath as his fingers stroked the scratches. "Suffer" a voice whispered spooking the man. He turned around to find himself staring at a shadow which disappeared in the crowd. "Scream" the voice said again, turning to where the voice came from, he only saw the crowd of people who were walking past while they have him confused looks. "Drown" it continued, I started turning back to the voice and again, the confused looks of the many men and women surrounded him while the shadow would just stand there while people would ignore him. "Darkness..." the voice said and I finally stopped turning and the shadow appeared in front of me, a cruel grin was on his face while his golden eyes seemed to dig into his soul."Die" a knife stabbed into his abdomen and all the sound around him stopped except for a quiet gasp escape his lips and all he saw was darkness. "Fade." Before he could understand what happened, a blinding light appeared and sucked him away.

He appeared levitating next to a skyscraper, but he couldn't scream, in front of him was the shadow; it held him by his throat as it held another knife in its other hand.

"Do you know who I am?" It asked with the same voice the man heard in the shadow, but before he could answer. "Neither do the faunus you kill know their executioner's before they die, so why should you?!" And then it ripped the knife out of the man's abdomen and dropped him down onto the crowded streets below.

We were on the airship heading towards Beacon, somehow, Ruby got lost and I still couldn't find her. At the moment I was looking around for her while the rest of soon to be students were eyeing me profusely while whispering and muttering insults. I wasn't even sure what they were talking about until I properly understood what one of them said. "What's that faunus doing here?" I turned to him and gave him a murderous glare while I questioned if I should have taken of my hood, but then I remembered how common a faunus wearing a grey hood was, so I decided to leave it off.

"Careful, it heard you." The person standing next to him said before they walked away, muttering more slurs.

"Did you see that, it was going to attack them, the wild animal?" Someone whispered, but I heard them.

"Careful, sis, they can hear you." Her friend responded.

"Animal"

"Monster"

"White Fang"

"Where's his master?"

It took everything I had not to rip his throat open. Then I heard a voice that I wished I would never hear. "What are you doing here?!" Looking over, I saw Yang berating Ruby who was looking down while taping her fingers together embarrassed. "Did you follow me here just to annoy me or is it to beg for forgiveness so you can return home?!" Yang continued while Ruby didn't even have enough courage to look up at her. "Well, what is it?!"