Chapter Thirty Two

Draco's POV
I came out of my hiding place behind the pillar after Hadrian and Dumbee apparated away.

I walk back to the room of requirements and to the vanishing cabinet.

It's now or never. Praying that Hadri had successfully connected the portal, I step in and close the door.

Suddenly I feel a sort of a spinning sensation and slightly light headed. After it stop, I open the door again and peer out cautiously.

A smirk form on my face as I look into the Borgin and Burkes'. As soon as I step out, the shop assistant is in front of me.

"Young Lord Malfoy! What a pleasant surprise! How may I help you?" He bowed lowly.

"I want to use your floo."

"Yes yes of course. Right this way" he leads me to the floo and I grab a handful of floo powder, step in and yell "Malfoy Manor!" allowing the green flames to engulf me.

Dumbledore's POV

I apparate the boy to a cave near the sea. My studies indicated this as the location of a horcrux. The entrance to the cave is blocked by a large stone wall which has blood wards on it.

Oh crap! This demands a blood sacrifice.

Maybe... maybe I should use the boy.....Or not. I need him to believe that he's perfectly safe. So I'll use mine.

I slice my hand open and let my blood soak into the stone which slide away to revel the dimly lit cavern.

There's a black lake inside it. I search for any sign of the horcrux.

Surely, he didn't hide it in the bottom of the lake?

"Look professor!" I hear the brat and turn to see him point at an island in the middle of the lake.

"Let's see if there's a- Aha!" He exclaims as he pull up a rope which brings a small boat with it.

Looks like the brat is not completely useless.

We got in the boat and it started to take us to the island. Soon we reached it and I cautiously check for any traps before landing.

In the middle of the small island is a pedestal on which stood a stone basin. I peered in and saw that it was filled with an emerald liquid that glowed in the pitch black cave.

I poked and prodded at the liquid with my magic, but other than feeling an immensely dark spark of magic - which could only come from a horcrux- from the bottom of the basin, nothing happened.

So, I can't change the liquid's properties or charm it away. Looks like the only way to find the horcrux is by drinking the liquid. Damn it!

I can make the brat drink the liquid, but if I drink it he will respect me for my bravery and be more loyal.

I turn to Harry and smile, my eyes twinkling.

"Looks like we have to drink it to reach the horcrux. I will drink this and you must promise me to make me drink all of it. Even if I beg you to stop. You must get the horcrux. Do you understand?"