•21• Suffocated

Chapter 21:

Chapter 21:

Suffocated

"Okay, so I slept on what you were saying about me going to Amelia's party and I just can't do it." I tell Steven, sitting in the passenger seat of his car.

"Lola..." Steven groans, hitting his head in frustration against the steering wheel.

Today is Friday, the day of Amelia's party. Since telling Steven he has been trying to convince me to go.

"We've been going through this all week. You need to go!" He emphasises.

"I just don't see what good it will do. Anyway surely it isn't a good idea if you think that it's part of Amelia's plan to take me down." I complain.

"Do we really have to go through this again?" He looks at me.

"If you go she'll be so pleased, not in a 'yay my best friend is here' kind of way, more of a she'll attach you to a lead all night showing off to the school that you guys are now best friends."

"Yes because that will certainly please Zac and can you imagine how George will react? Please tell me you didn't tell the whole group about the invite." I interrupt.

"No of course not, only me and Zac know. Let me finish. So let's say you go to the party, Amelia will wear you as an accessory and try to dig you out, find out every gossip and secret you have-"

I gulp, if anyone is going to find out the truth and all of my secrets, Amelia will be by far the worst.

"Steven, that's not a good idea."

"Lola, you're missing the point. What you do is you lie. Make some dark secret up. That way when she tries to take you down, the group can then start the plan where we ruin her life and expose the truth. The whole school would completely turn against her again. Imagine, Amelia spreading serious lies about the school sweetheart Lola. Before we know it, she'll be gone again and this time for good." He smiles as he focuses on the road ahead of him.

"Steven I just can't, the plan is too risky. I don't want to lose everything."

He groans again.

"And anyway it's Blake's birthday today, I can't bail on the group plans tonight for Amelia's party."

"I understand. I'm sorry I pushed you. I'm just as sick of her as George is. I hate that she's sat with us all week meaning that George hasn't set foot in the cafeteria."

"I know. All week she's been questioning me about the party, I've been putting it off. We'll figure something out. George can't stay away from the cafeteria forever, he gets too hungry." I joke.

Steven lets out a laugh as we pull into the parking lot, the rest of the group standing outside the main entrance.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKEY BABY!" Steven bellows as we lock his car, walking towards the others.