Putting the Sass in Assassin

Once upon a time there was a magical place, where there was a girl whose parents were magic users. They live in the kingdom of Carthia. They lived peacefully with the kingdom, until the king, Draedyn, realized that if he killed our kind he would gain our powers. The thing is if you kill our kind just to gain our power the power will start to engross you. He started to turn evil and consumed with power. So he made a decree that all of our species must be brought to him so he can absorb their power. He figured this out by killing my parents before he did my parents gave me an assassins guild that was passing through undercover. I knew my parents would never give me away so I ran back to the house and saw something that changed my whole life.

~~~~~~~

You can either join or I will kill you. Its your choice, I will not offer again, understood. threatened the Magister.

Ill join you. I muttered still terrified of what I just saw.

And if you run away again when Im trying to teach you of our ways. Dont think of coming back. Am I clear?? He warned me.

Yes, sir. I whimpered.

~~~~~~~

What do you want with me?? My target asked me, Money, food, gold?? I didnt say anything as I walked closer to him.

I dont want to die. He cried.

Well no one does, do they?? I inquired as I slit his throat.

Man I thought killing him would be more of a challenge, oh well. I said exiting the window, Well Im going to be in the only thing people will be talking about tomorrow. Its great to be famous. I laughed.

I made it back to the Assassin's Tavern, and reported to the Magister.

Sir, I killed him as you ordered. I reported.

Well done, Alice Shadow. Now, I need you to go to this location to kill some guards. Alright?? He ordered.

Alright!!! Lets kill some people!!! I declared rather excitedly as I left.

~~~~~~~

I arrived at the location he gave me, and its an abandoned church. I walked in and saw that there was no one to be found. I looked all over the place and saw no one. Oh well might as well leave. I thought. When I saw someone at the altar praying to our goddess, Irene. Who is this? Why are they here? I pondered.

Dear goddess Irene, I need your help with on what I should do about this girl Im suppose to capture. I dont know if I should do it. But if I dont do it Ill lose the kings trust. But if I do it then a girl will die. So what shall I do?? He prayed aloud. I wanted to see where this goes but if he chose to turn me in then I was in trouble. Some reason I stayed to watch where this went.

Lady Irene, thank you for your help. I will tell the girl that the one she works for is the one who was trying to kill her for money. He finished while putting an offering done for her.

So, does that mean youre going to turn me into the king, or are you not going to?? Or can I choose my fate?? I joked.

How long have you been here?? He inquired.

Why does it matter to you?? I replied with a question.

I asked first so answer the question. He demanded.

Fine, I just got here. Now answer my question. I snapped at him.

Right, its just that Im just very religious and its rude to spy on some when they are praying. He muttered.

And what about the first question. Are you going to turn me in or not?? I requested to know.

Im starting to think that not turning you in is the worst idea that Ive ever made. He said sarcastically.