5~There is more than meet the eyes

Dedicated to prevail_mc
********************************

Mosquitos in Nigeria attacks as if humans are at war with them. Do not pray that the 'EKEDC' (Eko electricity distribution company) takes the light at night in Ajegunle.

When they do take the light, it becomes trouble for the people here. The unkept gutters, the combusted areas, the muddy road adding to the inconvenience of the people living here.

The annoying sounds of generator, that sings horrible to the eardrums of people trying to get a good night sleep. Even with the annoying and unrhythm music the generators produces; some people still sleep outside on spoilt forgotten cars peacefully like there is nothing going on.

I toss around on my bed, trying to sleep but I couldn't. The horrible sound from so many rickety generators aren't helping. While I'm still finding a means to sleep; Joke slept well as she spreads her whole leg on the bed.

Fact is, our fan is working well because we have a generator on but the sounds from so many rickety generators aren't helping. They echo as if they are about to blow off in three second.
*******************************

Trust me when i tell you I didn't know how I fell asleep yesterday but I some how did. We were now preparing for a traditional wedding; and when i say we, i mean Joke, Ebi, Kelechi and I.

The wedding Ebi was asked to be a bride maid for is what we are preparing for. Today is the traditional wedding while next week is the white wedding.

"Abeg Tari, pass me my perfume," Joke tells me
( Please, pass me my perfume)

I pass her the perfume but Kelechi was quick to grab it before her.

"Nice scent, Joke the Rich woman! How much does this cost?" Kelechi ask joke as joke looks at her in irritation.

" Na how u go take beg for this perfume you dey find abi, no eye am, na chinedu buy am for me,"
(You are looking for ways to take my perfume right? Don't! because chinedu got it for me)

Ebi and I chuckle at Kelechi's failed attempt.

"Wetin funny gan? I no beg am, i just dey hype am," she tells us.

(What is funny? Im not asking for it, I'm just hyping it)

"We've heard you, you are always hyping right? Its almost time, let's head to the wedding and damn Joke, your outfit is captivating." Ebi speaks, then commented on Joke's outfit which indeed was captivating.
********************************

*Knock*

"I'm coming!" I answer from inside after hearing the violent knocking on my door.

I opened the door to see a piss looking Damilola still dressed in her traditional attire used for her traditional wedding. I wondered the cause of her annoyance when today was her traditional wedding. We came back two hours ago and now she's here? For what?

"Where is that useless friend of yours?!" She yells as soon as I opened the door. She was vibrating, tapping her foot on the floor.

"Wait! I don't have a useless friend," i warn slightly irritated by her irrational attitude.

"Ajoke Adegbami, bo ta!" She shouts, pushing me off her way and entering our house.
(Ajoke Adegbami, come out!)

"Hold it madam! You are making noise! To what do i owe your unrespectful self a visit?" Joke comes out dressed in a black short and white singlet.

"Ah! Iwo ati emi, the war has began!" She barked turning round In a dramatic way as she points her index finger to joke.

(The war has began between you and I)

Joke laughs hysterically shaking her head.

"Emi," she beats her chest, "Ajoke Ewawunmi Omolara Adegbami Thompson! omo Alade Olaniyi Adegbami Thompson! omo Yewande Aduke Olamide Alebiosu, ole fimi se nkankan rara!" She pulls her slippers from her feet as she keeps beating on her chest firmly.

"So I did wrong inviting you to my wedding, only for you to seduce and sleep with my husband!" She yells painfully, her words held emotion as she speaks firmly.

Joke scoff, "mtchweeee!" She hisses so loud.

"Ika é!" Damilola hurls.

Joke walks to sit down on the chair comfortable crossing her legs nonchalantly. "It's painful indeed, you should be lucky I didn't give him all styles or else he wouldn't be with you," she speaks as if she did Damilola a favour.

"Lucky?" Damilola scoff, "you call that lucky, you are shameless!" She shouts walking close to Joke.

Joke facial expression changes when she hears the word 'shamelsss'.

I fear for Damilola, you could call Joke everything but 'shameless?'

"I'm shameless? Shameless indeed?" She whispers as she stands up slowly. Her movement were daring.

"Tell that to your shameless and useless brother who got me pregnant seven years ago and ran away leaving me to struggle for myself and my unborn child! Karma bit you Damilola Rachale Ogundeyi! How's is feel?! Huh?! Thank Your stars I didn't fuck that man to peak if not?! If not?!" She hurls beating her chest. Her face were rigid and I know it was all due to her recalling the past and what she went through.

She pulls her singlet up, showing off her waist bead. "You see this? Its not for nothing, i can fuck for two days straight making the man obsessed and coming back for more! But I didn't and i promise you I will make you suffer for your brother sin!" She shouts.

"Radarada! " (Rubbish!) She added

"When your brother ran away, did any of you ask me how I was feeling? Now you want to get married happily and you think you will, jeke Ori e pe o!" She warns. (Let your head be straight!)

"You are bitter! Yes Ajoke, you are bitter! What will you gain if you ruin me? My brother has done the deed and guess what, you are still the one who suffered. And you will keep suffering because my brother lost nothing!" Damilola tells joke and before i knew it my hand landed on her face.

"I've heard enough! Leave!" I warn. No one knows joke more than me, she acts tough and mighty but behind that strong facade, it's a fragile weak girl whose scared of getting broken again. Those mistake she did then are her weakness and it keeps her in a state of shock when she's been tortured by it. I know what she went through and what I went through assisting her.

"You slapped me?" She asked staring deep into my eyes.

I scoff, she's lucky joke didn't, if joke did, her wedding would be postponed.

"Malo! Dami malo!" Joke screams as she claps her hands rummaging them in her hair and i know what she'd do next but I wasn't a fan of violence as I push Dami away and slam the door shut.

This chapter is unedited

Bobo ma lo (Ah lele o)
Maje keni keni da e duro (Ah lele o)
Maje k'oshi e yimi jor kuro (Ah lele o)
Ofimi sere igbatoya werey?

Who remembers this song by niola?
There is more to Joke story that many of you do not know of!

So don't be quick to call her a razz mama and a slut, every body goes through shit and that shit got me writting this chapter

Vote, comment and share.