DOGS

Okay, I decided to post SOME of the dogs I worked with (I worked with well over 1000 dogs in my time)

A quick explanation: I was head of a section filled with dogs that are called "Status Dogs", which means dogs that are seized by the police. In the UK, we have four illegal breeds (Pitbull, Tosa Inu [Japanese Mastiff], Fila Brasiliero [Brazilian Mastiff], Dogo Argentino [Argentine Mastiff]). 

I mostly worked with Pitbulls, Pitbull types, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Mixed breeds in my department. I did have a few others in, but those were the main,

A Status Dog had many different reasons for coming to me; the main being that it was an illegal breed. We also had aggressive dogs that had attacked people and the other was "Dangerously out of control in a public place".

I'll post some pictures with a little background below, most are status dogs, but I did work with other dogs as well, so I'll put some of them up, too.

Also, we didn't always have the dogs named, so I named some of them (You'll see that I went through a Flinstones era lol. We had a LOT of dogs to name)

-

KEY:

PTS - Put to sleep.

Breed/Aggressive?/Reason/Outcome

-

Sorry for the long intro! Let's get it!

ALSO This will probably be long, reading it isn't necessary to the story. I just get carried away lol.

---

BETTY [We named]

Boxer x Mastiff/Very Aggressive/Owner was using her as a weapon/PTS

Betty was a funny one. It took quite a lot of time for her to get to know and like a person. I was there when she was brought in and everyone was scared of her, so I was the one who went into her kennel straight away to put a collar on her. She loved me.

I did not trust her as far as I could throw her, and I couldn't even pick her up. I would never enter her kennel without treats. I did muzzle train her and teach her to sit, but that's as much as I could do. To be honest, I didn't really want to spend much time in her kennel due to how aggressive she was. However, I did give her lots of treats, toys and enrichment and she was happy without pets. She wasn't one who wanted attention.

If she didn't like you, she would try to rip your throat out - that is not an exaggeration.

She lost her court case, which as horrible as it sounds, was much safer for everybody out in public.

*

BUCK [His original name]