Chapter 16 (Finale 1/5)

It was midnight, Hop was alone. Despite how late it was, Hop was just on his Balcony, enjoying the cool air as the moonlight shines onto his honey colored eyes.

He heard his phone buzz from his bedside table. He checked to see who texted him - it was Raihan, asking him how he was.

"Ay bro, how are ya doing?" the text read.

Hop left the text on read and just continued to look at the night sky.

His thoughts then wandered around his head.

Was it my fault?
Did I do this?
Am I the reason she left?

Hop then felt something...

He then felt emotion finally pierce through him. He finally wasn't emotionless like he was the last few days when he found out Gloria left.

His eyes welled up and stinged, he was crying...

Tears flowed down his cheeks as his eyes shined even more as the light illuminating from the moon shined onto him, making his tears more visible.

He then broke down and started to sob. He covered his mouth with his hands to avoid making noise, but he then fell to his knees and just let out everything he bottled up for the past days.

As he cried, he remembered what Leon talked to him about...

[ "Lee, I told you. I'm fine." Hop said sternly.

"You're inlove with her, aren't you?"

"I am not! She's my best mate, and you know that."

"I can have the others help you." Leon teased.

Hop groaned in annoyanced as Leon laughed at his stubborness.

"Look, if you don't wanna talk about it now, I understand. And I know you're tired, so I'll let you go to sleep. Sorry if I bothered you." said Leon.

And with that.. Hop went to bed for the night. ]

Hop finally accepted that he did love her.

Hop couldn't believe himself.

He laughed. I can't believe myself.

It's now or never... I've gotta tell her how I really feel.

[ The Champion's Assistant - Finale (1/4)]